Chapter 50

Jules had been dreading the rehearsal dinner which was after the wedding rehearsal. In fact, she had been dreading the entire day and it was finally here and Ceaser wasn't with her. The only thing she was looking forward to was seeing Ceaser after a month. It was their first time apart and it had been hard on both of them but she was glad he had decided to go before their wedding rather than after. They had spoken every day when she got off work and he was beat about to go to bed. The three-hour time difference was hard on them but they made it work. But she was glad it was over and he was already on his way back home. He would be there at the rehearsal and she couldn't wait to see him.

The only thing she dreaded was meeting with her aunt and her family at the rehearsal dinner. She hadn't seen them since they arrived surprisingly before they said they would and she had invited them to stay with her at Ceaser's place but they had declined, as politely as they could which meant not at all polite. They had insisted on staying at a hotel but she had tried again and offered her house explaining that it was just sitting there and that, they had accepted. She hadn't been able to see them through the week because of work and the final wedding touches Veronica had been very helpful with.

"The white looks nice." Sofi said

"It does." Andy said as the two of them stared at her closet while she sat on the bed with Ivy playing in the middle.

"Guys it's just a rehearsal. I don't need to dress up for it.

"It's your wedding rehearsal. You have to look good for it and the rehearsal dinner afterwards." Andy said.

"Besides your aunt and cousins are going to be there." Sofi said, "Look nice, act nice but keep hating their guts."

"That's the plan girl." Andy said, "That's the plan."

She smiled at them from where she sat.
"Fine."

"Good." Sofi said, "Because I was thinking curling her hair and pinning it to one side." She said to Andy who nodded.

"That would go well with the dress and the nude makeup I was thinking of."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Hours later, they were all ready and on the way to the venue. She was yet to get a call from Ceaser. He was supposed to be back an hour ago and his phone wasn't going through. She hoped he was fine.

"We're here." Sofi said as Patrick pulled up the car and helped them with the door. Jules walked into the church with Ivy in her arms.

"Wait here." Andy said before they had a chance to enter the main chapel. She left to get Eric who she had to ask to walk her down the aisle.

"You ok?" Sofi asked

She sighed.
"Yea." She said "Just Ceaser. He hasn't called."

"He'll be here. Don't worry."

She nodded as Veronica came with Eric and Andy.

"Finally." Veronica said as she handed her a bouquet of flower and Sofi took Ivy from her "I thought you had run away."

She smiled at her humour.

"Let's begin." Veronica said

"But Ceaser isn't here." She said

"We can't wait for him." Veronica said, "He'll join us later."

Eric smiled down at her as he put her hand in the crook of his arm and she smiled back at him

"Alright. Andy, you're up first followed by Sofi and Ivy, then the bride and Eric." She said

They all nodded and the rehearsal began.

"Have you heard from him yet?" Jules asked Eric when Andy went.

"Not really." He answered when Sofi left with Ivy "You'll see him pretty soon I'm sure."

She and Eric walked into the chapel as she looked down and said a quick prayer. They had taken a few steps down the aisle when she looked up and froze seeing Ceaser smiling at her at the altar. She grinned and before she could even begin to think of what she was doing, she was running to him as he laughed and stepped down the altar and hugged her.

"You didn't call." She said, "I was worried."

"I wanted to surprise you." He said as he pulled back to look at her "I missed you."

She leaned in and kissed him. They were interrupted by Veronica clearing her throat.
"You know the bride is supposed to walk down the aisle and the kiss is usually after the vows but looks like we're switching things up a little bit."

Everyone laughed.

"Let's try this again." Veronica smiled at her.

They did it again all messy but enough for them to get the drill then a final run-through which was smoother than the first before they had to leave for the dinner.

Ceaser looked down at her in the car and squeezed her hand which was in his and in his lap.

"I'm going to be with you the entire time."

She looked up at him and smiled.
How was it that he knew her so well?
"Thanks, honey." She kissed his cheek.

He smiled at her.
"Say that again."

She blushed. She had never used an endearment on him before even though he always told her to.
"Honey."

Ceaser grinned.
"I think I have a favourite word now."

She laughed.
"So what? Going to let everyone call you that?"

He shook his head.
"No." He said "It's my favourite word only when it's said by you. You make it special."

Jules sighed. Even after all their time together, he still had a way of making her heart skip a beat and then race faster.

He leaned down and brushed his lips against her cheek and soon he was biting her earlobe.
"But it doesn't beat you screaming my name." He whispered sending ripples of tingle through her "Nothing can beat that."

He pulled back slowly and soon was staring into her eyes, her cheeks had gone pink.
"Damn I missed you!" He looked at her lips.

Jules leaned in and kissed him and pulled back when she felt him holding back by kissing her softly.
"What's wrong?"

Ceaser's jaw clenched
"I don't want to mess up your hair or your lipstick. I want you looking good when you meet your evil aunt and cousins." His brow furrowed "Kind of makes you Cinderella, in a way."

Jules laughed.
"You've been watching too many cartoons with Ivy." She said

He smiled
"Can't wait to watch more with her." He looked at her "Then have my way with you."

Jules' laugh died in an instant as she looked down at his lips wanting so badly to kiss him.
"I'm looking forward to it."

Ceaser sighed when she kissed him biting his lip before pulling away. He groaned.
"Evil woman."