LVI- Birthday

"On October 3rd he asked me what day it was!" Brooke yelled, running up to Indianna and attacking her with a hug. "Happy Birthday!"

Indianna stumbled back and laughed. "Thanks Brooke."

Brooke grinned and pulled away. Her face turned serious. "It's October 3rd," she said.

"What the hell are you going on about?" Indianna wondered and Brooke gasped.

"Mean girls!" She exclaimed.

"What?"

"Oh God," Brooke whispered and pulled Indianna into the kitchen. "When you get back we are watching Mean Girls!"

"Indie!" Laura smiled and wiped her hands on her apron and hugged Indianna. "Happy birthday, dear!"

"Thank you," Indianna smiled.

"I'm making pancakes, especially for you," Laura said and turned back to the stove.

Pack members drifted in and out, rushing because they were late for school, but they all stopped and wished Indianna happy birthday.

"I got you a present," Brooke said and slid a pink bag across to Indianna. "Open away from his prying eyes." Brooke looked to Greyson and Indianna dreaded looking in the bag.

"What have you gotten me?" Indianna asked and Brooke laughed.

"You'll have to wait and see," Brooke said mysteriously and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Happy birthday!" Kal yelled, barging into the kitchen and surprising Indianna with a hug.

She awkwardly hugged Kal back and he handed her a box of posh looking chocolates. "I didn't have any wrapping paper and Brooke wouldn't let me use tinfoil," Kal explained.

"That's okay," Indianna laughed and placed the chocolates on the side. "Thank you."

"Laura, that smells wonderful!" Kal declared and peered over Laura's shoulders.

"Get your paws away from the food!" Laura scolded and lightly slapped Kal's prying hands away.

Indianna chuckled and Kal pouted, taking a seat at the table.

"Morning," Harry said in his usual grumpy voice as he entered the kitchen. He kissed Brooke and sent a rare smile to Indianna. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks," Indianna nodded and Mark was the next to enter.

"Morning all," he said happily and nodded to Indianna. "Happy birthday."

Before Indianna could respond Laura cut her off. "Did you bring the present?"

"Oh shoot, I left it upstairs," Mark muttered and he left the room in a flash.

"We've got to go," Harry said to Brooke who nodded. "I don't want you whinging at me for being late to school."

"Have a nice trip guys," Brooke said and she hugged Indianna again. "Take my present with you," she whispered in Indianna's ear and grinned as she walked over to Harry and they left for school.

"Are you not going?" Indianna asked Kal.

"Nope, I get to miss school to keep you two company," Kal grinned as Mark entered the room holding a box with a bow on it.

He handed it to Indianna and Laura joined his side. "We may not have known you very long, Indie, but we're family now and we hope you have a lovely birthday," Mark said kindly and handed Indianna the box.

She pulled the bow and then lifted the lid. Inside the box was a picture frame with a black and white picture of two wolves. "Is that..."

"Us," Greyson nodded.