RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 8

Y/N's POV

                It's been a few weeks since our first day.  My team and I were still trying to get hang of things, to continue to blend in and not cause too much trouble.  Our knowledge of Remnant continued to grow as well; learning of the Faunes and what they were, Dust, the Kingdoms, and other smaller things.  We were now in Professor Glynda's class and watched as Jaune and another Beacon student named Cardin, but it mainly seemed as though Cardin was the one fighting. Jaune breathed heavily as Cardin continued to chuckle at him. Building up the strength for another attack, Jaune pushed off his sword, charging toward the cocky armored student, only for him to dodge the simple slash and hit his shield out of his left hand with his mace.  The blonde-haired knight got back to his feet once more, making the same mistake and charged at him again without reclaiming his shield.  As they grew closer together, the two's weapons clashed against one another.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose...

Jaune: Over... my dead-!

                  With an audible loud grunt, Jaune fell to the floor after Cardin quickly knee kicked him in the crouch.  With the larger student now standing over Jaune, he brought up his mace, ready to deliver the final blow.  

                  Quickly summoning my Light Eater and jumping up onto the fighting ground, I deflected Cardin's attack, holding the tip of my blade to his chest.

Cardin: You little-

Y/N: The match is over Cardin...

Glynda: That's enough, Cardin. Thank you, Y/N.  Students, as you can see Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and the official may call the match. Mister Arc, it's been weeks now please try to refer to your scroll during combat, gauging your aura will help you decide when it is appropriate to attack or when it's better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now would we?

                  Jaune looked down at his scroll, sitting on the ground in defeat. 

Cardin: Speak for yourself.

Glynda: Remember everyone! The Vytal Festival is only a few months away, it won't be long before other students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale.

                 The Professor and Cardin walked off the stage, only Jaune and I up there.  I looked down at him as he sighed and shook his head.  Reaching my arm down in front of him, he looked up at me, smiling slightly before taking my hand and pulling himself up.

Y/N: You'll get the hang of it.  Just remember that every fight does not need to be fought head-on. 

                He nervously smiled and nodded before I patted his shoulder and walked out to get lunch.

(Time Skip)

                 My team, and teams RWBY and JNPR all sat at one large table, all of us subtly listening to Nora's "interesting" story.

Nora: There we were... In the middle of the night.

Ren: It was day...

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai.

Ren: They were Beowolves...

Nora: DOZENS OF THEM!

Ren: Two of 'em...