Chapter Twenty Five- Trouble in Paradise

Before Victoria and I could even arrive back to our dorm my mobile blew up with ten new messages, all from Margo. 

I decided phoning her would probably be the easier option, seeing as it could take minutes to type out a message on my old phone, even though I was beginning to get good at it. 

"Kate?"

"That's my name don't wear it out,"

"Kate. Look, Fox won't talk to me. I don't know why but...she's angry at me or something."

"Oh...ugh, hang on a second,"

"Kate, dont you-"

I hung up, and turned to Victoria who had one eyebrow raised at me. "What's up?"

"I have to go figure out what's happening between Margo and Fox, they're usually okay but I think something has happened."

"Oh sure, Kate, leave me be while my parents marriage is failing and I havent completed any part of my art project,"

"Wait...any?" I asked her in disbelief. Victoria just nodded and sighed. 

"Sorry, I can't expect you to be around all the time," she smiled. 

"I'll be back," 

"You better," while her smile remained on her face her eyes seemed all foggy and sad, though I didn't have much time to think about that as I began to head away from her and to Margo and Fox's dorm. 

I wondered what kind of mess Margo had gotten herself into now. I thought about what could have possibly made Fox upset and my only reason I could come up with was because of what happened between Swan and Margo at the party. I mean, Margo was completely out of it, but I sensed that the kiss exchanged had caused quite the stir in Fox. She didn't seem the jealous type, but Margo was her best friend...maybe Fox even wanted her to be more than just that. 

"Hey sailor," Margo spoke once she caught sight of me, her voice seemed to be a slightly higher pitch as if she was trying to keep her spirits lifted, though I could tell she was somewhat anxious by the way her foot was tapping on the ground. She walked closer to me and sighed. The first time I had ever seen her sigh, I believed. 

"I got paint on Fox's art project."

"You think that's why she's not speaking to you," 

Margo put her hands in her black hoodie's pockets and rolled back and forth on her feet for a brief moment. "Probably...I don't even know, what did I do? Kate. I'm worried."

I glanced at her and then at the door of the dorm she had been presumably shoved out of. I knocked on the door of the dorm, for Fox to quickly open it and pull me in with her. I just widened my eyes at her in surprise. 

Fox sighed "I heard you out there, we need to talk,"

"We do?" I asked. Fox's eyes took on a more serious glance at mine. She headed to sit over on her bed, so I followed and sat next to her.

"We do," I said, more certain this time. Fox took my hands in hers. Oh boy, I did wonder how serious whatever she was going to tell me was.

"Listen, you can't tell anyone else this okay?"

I nodded.

"I need a verbal," Fox's hold on me tightened.

"Okay, Fox, you're my friend. No one else hears." I told her.

Fox smiled. Then proceeded to loosen her grip on me. "Sorry about that," she whispered. I shrugged. 

"Don't worry about it."

Fox looked away momentarily as if she was gathering her thoughts. 

"I like Margo, she thinks I'm upset about the paint thing which...well, meh, yeah I am a bit. However, it's about that party thing,"

My eyes widened a little. I knew it.

"You like Margo?"

"Shhh, don't reveal all my secrets," Fox said quickly, as she put one of her hands over my mouth. I just stared into her eyes. 

"I figured you did,"

"Yes, and you like Victoria," She stated.

"Perhaps," I begged my voice to not give too much away.

"A small perhaps when it's entirely certain that you do, dude," Fox gave me a winning smirk. 

I just shrugged at her. 

"Be like that," Fox poked me in the cheek before she sighed and got off the bed. She brushed down her shirt before heading over to the door, and seemed hesitant to open it. 

I just smiled reassuringly at her and she nodded. Fox headed outside of the dorm, so I followed suit. 

"You talking to me now?"Margo asked. Fox just walked over to and wrapped her arms around Margo. Fox nodded into Margo's shoulder. 

Margo looked a little surprised after Fox pulled away.

"I'm going to go get some food, see you people later," Fox spoke. 

Margo replied "Sure," while I waved at Fox as she began to walk away. 

"What was all that about?" Margo rose an eyebrow at me. 

I shrugged. "Absolutely no idea, anyway, I'm going to go check on Victoria, see you later,"

Margo narrowed her eyes at me. "Catch you later, Greeny, have fun with Tori-poo,"

I laughed lightly. "I'll try," 

I began to head back to mine and Victoria's dorm to find that...she was missing. 

I shrugged, not thinking much of it, she had most likely gone for a smoke. I headed over to my bed and began to check my phone lazily, that was until I heard shouting outside my dorm. 

"Why do you want to do this to me, Swan, what part of you- owch!" 

My first move was to quickly head outside and check what on earth was going on between Victoria and Swan. I found that Victoria had gripped hold of one of Swan's extensions. Oh no. Trouble in paradise, to say the least. Although I don't think there was any paradise between the two of them to begin with.  

Swan punched Victoria hard in the arm and walked off. Victoria just turned to me with tears in her eyes. I quickly walked over and grabbed her into a hug, there wasn't any time for explanations in that moment. Victoria sunk her head into my shoulder and we remained stood hugging for a moment.

Up until the point that Victoria pulled away and headed over to our dorm. "I'm drinking tonight," she muttered under her breath as she did so.