Chapter 13 ~ Big Bad Alpha

;{) <MUSTACHIO!!!!!

 sorry, excuse my excited randomness....

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!

~KC Blares

**************************************************************************************************

Chapter 13 ~ Big Bad Alpha

Growling, I threw my backpack to the side and jumped face first onto my bed, screaming loudly into the sheets. My wolf was still thrashing on the inside and it took all the strength I could muster up to keep her in. I hated Damon enough, but now I despised the guy, my gawd damn Alpha.

Without hesitation, I shifted, my clothes tearing off my large fury body. I jumped off my bed and ran down the hall, ignoring the concerned looks Amber and Maggie gave me as they peered out the doorway of Danica's room. I pushed past several people as I sprinted out of the house, heading straight for the woods.

The sun was now just setting behind the tree line, sending the evening into dusk. My black coat blended into the dark scenery around me, making my run perfect. The last thing I wanted was to be seen. Being invisible seemed like the best thing at the moment.

My paws beat heavily against the leaf-littered ground, branches and brush tugging at my fur as I ran. My tongue lolled out of my mouth, my breath visible in the cool evening air. 

I heard the sound of rushing water up ahead and knew it was probably a river or stream. I gradually slowed to a lean walk, my head low to the ground and my hackles raised. The brush cleared into a flowing, clear river, at least thirty feet wide. However, it was maybe the most peaceful thing in the woods at the moment.

Slowly, I trekked along the rocky shore, the round stones wet and slippery beneath my padded paws. The water was cool, flowing between my paws and licking at my slim, muddy legs. I carefully walked farther into the river, the water slowly rising with each step I took. The gentle current pried away all the stress that clung onto me moments before.

I was several feet away from the center when the water rose to my shoulders, everything but my back and up submerged in the soothing water. I relished the silence the forest brought, having an actual moment to think and not be swarmed by friends or Justin or Damon. But it didn't last.

The scent I had caught the other day filled the air again and I glanced around, alarmed. It was the wolf scent, but not one I knew. Maybe it was just a wild wolf, not a shifter. Nothing appeared indifferent from the trees and brush, it was all still.