25.

The sound of rain pounding against the window is what wakes me up. It's then that I remember all that happened last night.

My total mistake of a date with Sam. Me getting as high as a skyscraper. Me being a total bitch to Theo then him apologizing and bringing his true feelings to light. I remember it all.

Sadly, I didn't know what to do next. My feelings towards Theo were still there, but after he completely broke my heart I didn't know if I could trust him with it for a second time.

I looked around my room and noticed how much of a real mess it was. It desperately needed a fresh cleaning and needed to be tidied up.

After contemplating between staying in bed for the rest of the day or actually being productive for several minutes, I decided on the latter. I tore the blankets off myself and got to work. I folded clothes, stacked books, and made my bed.

With my hands on my hips, I looked around the room satisfied with my work and it only took me half an hour. I looked down at myself, realizing I was still in last night's outfit and immediately wanted to get a shower.

Hopefully some steaming hot water and lots of soap could help scrub off the smell of the terrible party I attended last night. If I was lucky maybe I could scrub away all the crappy memories too.

I gathered up a pair of comfy Nike sweats, a watching t-shirt, and some fuzzy socks before heading to the bathroom.

After I was all finished and dressed I brushed my hair and teeth before noticing Gracie needed a walk.

From what I could see and hear, Theo wasn't here. Since the end of the season was getting closer and closer, his coach probably added in another practice. It wouldn't surprise me considering how I've seen his coach once and he automatically gave off a strict vibe.

I sighed knowing we really needed to talk about all that both he and I said last night.

Knowing that wasn't going to happen anytime in the next few hours I went to grab Gracie's leash which I was guessing was in Theo's room. I saw it immediately. It's bright neon blue didn't exactly lose your attention.

I went to grab it when I noticed a piece of paper lying underneath of it.

Theo,

Since you barely return my calls and texts, I decided to send you a letter. I didn't address it because I knew you'd probably just return it, but I just want you to know Thanksgiving will be at 5pm as usual. Hope to see you there son, but please no crazy girls this time like two years ago. I don't think my reputation can take another hit like that one.

Your mother.

Wow. So loving.

My heart immediately went out to him. His mother didn't say once how proud she was of him, or even that she loved him. You could tell that his upbringing must've been challenging. More than he had let on at the football field not too long ago.

Truth be told, I just wanted to make up and get back to where we were. That way I could comfort him right now when he needed it most.

But I also knew I needed to stand my ground. Theo had hurt me, and I needed to show him that. As much as I hated to say it, what we really needed was space.