25

Previously on Pure Happiness

"We are friends, but Elena's my friend too. And I wasn't going to sell her out," Beth admitted honestly.

"It was very stupid of all of you to think I would never find out. Now we're here and I will personally make sure that this time, things will go my way," Klaus announced before he jumped out of the truck and sped away leaving the girl where she stood.

~~~

Ava Simmons had decided to drive up to Mystic Falls High to see the place where she would have to spend her senior year. So she parked her car and got out to observe the building. Tomorrow she would have to start a new school year in a new school, but she was use to it by now. Her family seemed to be in a new city ever year so she was no stranger to starting all over.

She suddenly became alert when a loud, terrified scream was heard from inside the building. She was quick to grab the weapon she always carried in her car, and ran inside with three vervain injections and a dagger in her jacket, a Chinese ring dagger strapped to her leg and her bow and arrow in her hands which she had lowered as she walked the halls of her new school, waiting to see where the scream had come from.

That was when she heard it, voices coming from the school's gym, "Well, well. More lies," a male British accent announced with a bitter tone. They continued talking as the dark haired girl observed the situation from the outside.

There seemed to be two vampires and a human girl sitting on the floor next to two dead bodies. From what she had heard, the girl on the floor had something they wanted, but that didn't matter to Ava, she just wanted to stop the vampires.

Ava quietly entered the gym and set down her weapon in the enterance. Everyone in the room was too busy to notice the girl so she still had that as an advantage. Unfortunately, as she approached the man from behind and lifted her hand to stab the vervain needles into his back, the blonde vampire who had been yelling about her necklace warned him. "Nik!"

Klaus was quick to turn around and grab the needles from the girl's hand before throwing them off to the side, with an amused smirk on his face. Ava ran to the entrance and grabbed her bow and arrows, pointing it at the man. "And who are you, sweetheart?"

"I'm your worst nightmare!" She exclaimed confidently.

"Is that so? Are you sure it isn't the other way around?" Klaus asked with a smirk as a chuckle escaped his lips.

"I'm pretty sure, I mean, I am the one holding the bow and arrow," she replied cockily, her head tilted to the side.

"Are you?" He chuckled once more before speeding over to her and throwing her weapon into the gym's wall. Ava watched it land with a bang far away from her with fear in her eyes, but she quickly composed herself. She started to laugh, as if it was the funniest thing in the world.

Elena Gilbert watched the whole scene from where she was sat on the floor with the fear of seeing the brave girl's death. "I am really tired of this conversation. So let's flip to the last page of the story," Klaus smiked before angrily lifting the girl up by her neck.

She gasped for air, like a fish out of water, as her windpipe was crushed like sand between his fingers, but she still fought to reach the Chinese ring dagger strapped to her thigh. Klaus chuckled at her lame attempt to save herself before ripping the dagger away. "I must admit you are a brave one."