Chapter 11

The Supermarket

Lucy hummed, holding cartons of two different brands of milk. "I wonder if Natsu drinks milk.." she mumbled to herself, observing both. "been a while but..okay" she threw them in the shopping cart and proceeded down, pushing the cart infront of her that was filled with food, drinks and cleaning materials.

"Better walk down the baby aisle and get more diapers.." the mother whispered, passing people who were observing the expiry date on some bread. "Shopping can be really boring at times.." Lucy whispered, walking down aisle 6.

She slowly walked down, picking up some snacks and throwing them in the cart. "Natsu better be satisfied with all these junks.." the blonde grumbled, continuing to push the cart along. When she was about to bend the corner she accidently bounced into another cart, receiving a groan of frustration by the person.

"Oh sorry.." she pushed the cart away and the person came into view. "Oh" they gained eye contact with each other and the male's eyes widened in shock "Oh it's you..um..Lucy" he said, scratching his hair.

"Hello..Jason" the blonde smiled, looking at the man who wore a simple white shirt and black pants along with black polished shoes, he looked absolutely gorgeous. "..nice meeting you in another supermarket" she said. "Yeah, sometimes I get the feeling that you're stalking me" he joked and the blonde chuckled.

Oh yes handsome one, I'll continue to stalk you till I die..

"No, I garauntee you I don't stalk anyone" she smiled and he smiled back then his eyes slowly went to her lips. "So..what are you doing here?" she asked. "What does it look like, I'm buying groceries for the family" he smiled. "F-family?" she asked surprised "Yeah..you know Sean and me" he smiled and she gave out a sigh of relief.

"Oh" "What?" he smiled "Just surprised, what about the mother of Sean?" she asked "She died, cancer" "Oh I'm sorry to hear that" "It's okay, we're holding up good after that tragedy" he said then looked at her "Want to stroll along?" he asked and her eyes widened. "Oh..okay" she smiled.

They walked down aisle 7 together, chatting "So you're 26?" he asked, turning to her and the teacher nodded "Yip, pretty old huh" "Nah, that's anything but old plus you look younger than your age" "Oh really?" "Yeah" "How old do I look like?" "20" her eyes widened "Really wow, my husband used to say 60"

He paused "Husband?" "Oh.." her eyes widened "Ex husband" she corrected "You were married?" "Just for a year, it wasn't a long marriage" she sighed, watching toys that laid on the shelves they passed by. "If you don't mind telling me, what happened?" he asked "We just realized that we weren't meant to be..we kept accusing each other of things"

"Oh, I understand" he nodded "But for the sake of our daughter, we're still in contact, you know.." "Oh so you guys are friends?" "Yeah" she smiled, stopping her strolling to pick up a little duck toy for her child. "What's your daughter name?" he asked "Nashi" Lucy smiled "Nashi Dragneel and I put her first before anything, I love her so much"

"I understand the love, me too" she turned to him, throwing the toy in her cart "How many children do you have?" she asked "Just Sean, I don't think I can handle any more" she smiled "Well you look like the type who love children" she said "Oh I do, it's just that, children can be really stressful when I was 19 I planned to have 3 but now I'm 25 I don't even want no more than one"

"Oh so you're 25?" he nodded "I was surprised you were older than me.." he mumbled and she laughed "Well age is just a number so.." "I like the way you said that" they both chuckled and proceeded down the aisle. "So what are you going to buy next?" he asked "Just my baby's diapers and that's it for me, what about you?"