27: Mistake

Chapter 27: "Mistake"

The kiss was passionate and fervent at the same time. His tongue licked the seam of my lips seeking entrance, it dove into my mouth which made me feel dizzy. I dug my fingers in his hair deepening the kiss. He was perfect, everything was perfect about it.

"I am coming to get you!", Audrey cried out, we both pulled apart, I was breathing hard. "Found you!" Audrey yelled laughing as she succeeding in almost making me jump.

The rest of the game went by smoothly, Max would occasionally steal kisses from me while we played along. It was cute, beyond adorable.

After we finished dinner, and Audrey was finally put to sleep Max let out a sigh. "Finally she fell asleep!" Max said beaming. I laughed at his excitement.

"Why were you getting impatient about Audrey falling asleep?" I asked feigning innocence.

He took a few steps coming in front of me. "So that I could do this", with that he placed his lips on mine. I loved how his lips perfectly molded against mine. His arms snaked around my waist, my hands wrapped around his neck, electricity skating down my spine. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He meticulously picked me up, taking a few steps forward to reach the bed and we both fell on it. We didn't stop kissing. He continued to kiss me until I needed to break apart to catch my breath.

He continued to plant butterfly kisses down my jaw to my collarbone eliciting a groan out of me. My hands found it's way up to his abdomen, I could feel his rock hard abs underneath his T-shirt. He paused to look at me, his green eyes were hooded with desire.

"Thanks for putting up with me", he said as he ran his hands down my cheeks to my collarbone. Then he kissed me on my forehead. "I must have been an annoying ghost", he planted a chaste kiss on my lips.

"But. A. Sexy. One", he said between his kisses. I could feel him smirking against the shell of ear. He was still the delinquent cocky ghost.

"Yup the only reason I put up with you because you are hot. I just needed a eye candy around or else as a person you suck", I teased.

"Yeah same. I just wanted a hot girl around other than that you are a crappy roommate ", he nuzzled his nose against my neck, placing his head on the crook of my neck.

I yawned. "Go to sleep strawberry", he mumbled. He pulled the covers on me and I turned to the other side while he spooned me from the back.

...............

I woke up feeling blissful. My hand reached the other side of my bed, feeling Max wasn't there. Waking up I went inside my bathroom, freshening up I got out to see Max frantically pacing around the room.

"Hi", I hugged him from behind. I could feel his muscle tense under my touch, I sensed something was wrong. I let go of him, he turned around facing me. "This shouldn't have happened", he mumbled to himself looking down.

"What happened?" I asked pursing my lips.

"Last night... shouldn't have happened", He sighed.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"As much as I want you... I can't stay here anymore... Grace it's time for me to go".

"Why do you need to go? You can stay like you did the last ten years. It's gonna be like before".

"Exactly. I have been wondering this earth for the last ten years. I don't want to anymore. I am tired of this. I want to go away. I am neither here nor there. I feel stuck", he said ruefully.

"But you have us. We are gonna stay together like a family. Audrey loves you. We need you".

"No one needs me anymore. My sister has her own family. And I can't hold you down. You deserve so much better. At least better than an entity. I am different. You need someone more... alive. This would sound crazy to a normal person. I want you to live your life like a normal human being", he explained. "We would never be able to go on dates like normal people nor can you introduce me to your friends. You deserve better", he repeated.