Life Decisions

Okay, you'll admit it. You're bored.

You meant what you said when you turned down Jay's offer to join the ninja team, but after all the excitement with the Serpentine, studying astronomy doesn't really seem like such a great plan anymore. After all, as Jay pointed out, you've got what it takes to be a great ninja. Which brings you back to the point that you don't want to be a ninja. But you also don't want to let your powers and skills go to waste.

You've got to do something about Slithraa, too. He can't exactly go back to live with the rest of the Serpentine, not after he betrayed them to help you. Letting him stay in the monastery might not be the best idea right now either. Sure, Jay and Nya would be fine with it, but you can think of a lot of ways things could go wrong. And that's just off the top of your head.

It's funny, really. A year and a half ago, your biggest worries were your nonexistent social life and occasional mocking from your older brothers. Now, you're dealing with elemental powers and exiled Serpentine. Is your life more complicated now? Definitely. Would you change anything if you had the chance to go back and do it over? No way.

Which brings you to the discussion you're having with Jay and Nya.

"We need somewhere for Slithraa to stay."

"Why can't he just stay here?" Jay asks. "It'd be fun!"

Nya facepalms. "And we'd all be trying to kill each other before the week is out. I think I have a better idea."

You put down the penny you've been absentmindedly toying with. "What's that?"

"He should be getting here any minute, if he isn't late."

Jay gives you a confused look, which you return. "Who?"

As if on cue, the monastery's door flies open and bangs against the wall. "Fear not, ninja, for I have arrived!"

Jay facepalms. You turn around and stare at the person who's just strutted through the door. He looks like he's in his early twenties, and he's dressed entirely in brown for some reason.

"Who's this?" you ask.

"I am Grand Sensei Dareth, master of all animal fighting styles, and...the Browwwwwwn Ninja!"

Jay groans.

"I don't think it would be too much trouble for Dareth to let Slithraa stay at his dojo for a little while," Nya explains. "Once Slithraa's on better terms with the rest of the team, he can move back to the monastery and get out of Dareth's hair."

"Hey, nobody messes with Dareth, or I'll unleash the power of...the Dragon! Hiiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaah!" Dareth strikes a weird pose, then grins proudly. You and Jay both facepalm this time.

On second thought, maybe having a ninja as a boyfriend is enough excitement for you already.

(Happy New Year!)