Prolouge

Harlem, Year 2000

Samantha held onto her 2 year old daughters hand as she arrived  at the location she believed to be her mother's home. She was only 20 and had seen more terror in her short 20 years.

She shivered as she wheeled along her suitcase entering the project apartment block. Snow wasn't something  she was used to, Jamaica was a hot ass country.

It was 1am and all drug dealers, ho's, pimps and crack heads were out doing what they did best - Hustling.

She walked up the steps until she got to the second floor, before taking out the tattered piece of paper from her pocket.

All the hardwork she did and had to go through just to make sure her and her daughter got to New York; no one will ever understand.

" Apartment 21 ", Samantha read to herself before walking up to the door and knocking on it.

" Ah who ah knock my door so late inna di night yah? ", Marcia announced.

" Mama ah mi, Sammie ", she said. She was beginning to get impatient.

She had walked 5 blocks from the subway station to get here with a sleeping Kymesha and her suit case to carry. Finally her mother opened the door.

" Well, yuh have some bloodclaat explaining fi do. Gimmie mi grandpickney mek me put har dung ", Marcia mean mugged her daughter whilst taking Kym from her.

' Dis woman too miserable enuh ', thought as she rolled her eyes entering the apartment.

She walked in, passing the kitchen and the 2 bedrooms her mother had and went straight to the living room taking a seat. Her mother soon joined her with a cigarette in hand taking a seat in front of her daughter.

" So wahum now? ", her mother asked.

" Mi cyaan tek it. Everyday mi did ah get up di man just set fi mi. Him beat mi till mi black and blue and mi cyaan mek my daughter ah come and see har madda ah tek lick everyday ", Samantha ranted.

" hmm ", Marcia scoffed flicking the remaining ash off her cigarette into the ashtray.

" Yuh see, him ah how much? 24 and him have 3 pickney and only God know how much other gyal him garn breed out deh. And yuh like ediat siddung from yuh ah 16 and watch di man gi yuh so much bun. Yuh ah man claffy or wah? ", Marcia asked her daughter.

Samantha did not respond. She felt foolish that after all that bragging that her man would look after her and her child.

" Well, while yuh deya ah some tings yuh haffi do. Yuh best go ah immigration guh beg yuh green card from dem cause mi nuh want yuh in yah longer than a year. After them tell yuh weh dem ago do, yuh best find one job and gwan mek yuh own money cah mi ah no bank and mi have my pardenar fi pay ah week time ", Marcia told her daughter bluntly. Samantha only nodded. You wouldn't believe your own moms was so grimey towards you.

" Mi ah go ah my bed. Mi ah tek yuh dung ah immigration inna di morning. Kym inna your room which ah di first room pon di right. Mi see yuh inna di morning ", Marcia said before getting up and heading to bed.

Samantha decided she'd do the same. She went to her room to see her babygirl laying peacefully fast asleep.

" Mi promise yuh , we ago be alright. Mi wah di bess fi yuh nuh end up like me ", Samantha told her sleeping princess.

She kissed her forehead and Kym snuggled up towards her. All she wanted to do is give her daughter a good life in America...

Hey Guys! Im discontinuing Chiraq because I don't really see the book going anywhere. But this is my new book VIPEROUS. Im pretty sure ya'll gone love it ! Anyway, Vote.Comment.Share !