EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

I was sitting in the passenger's seat of Damen's GMC truck as we pulled up to the front doors of my house. It had never felt so good to finally be home. After being at the Hospital for six weeks (two of which I was awake) home felt more like heaven where as the hospital was my hell. Two weeks of constant physiotherapy and even mental therapy had completely worn me out. Luckily, my recovery had been a lot quicker than most peoples and being released after only two weeks after waking up from a month long coma was miracle in itself.

I looked up into the windows of my house as I noticed that all the lights were out which indicated my parents weren't home. I had talked to them about three times since I had woken up. They said they loved me and that they wished they were there for me, they said to get better and hopefully they would be able to make it home sometime soon. This would probably upset most teenagers; finding out that you had been in a coma for a month and your parents were only there for one week. Or that once you finally did wake up, they were too busy 'working' to even come and see you. But it honestly didn't bug me, I didn't need them. At this point in my life, I actually people who cared about me and were there for me and they were all I needed.

"Home sweet home." Damen's husky voice reached my ears as I turned my head towards him. A small encouraging smile sat crookedly on his face.

"Thank god," I smiled back. "I swear, if I had to have one more bite of that disgusting Hospital Jell-O, I would have..." I scowled while shaking my head, unable to think of a proper word to describe what I'd do.

Damen laughed, "Hey, that food didn't look so bad."

I rolled my eyes and was just about to glare at him when I caught a glimpse of something in the rearview mirror. Instantly my eyes lit up as I watch Trent's 72 Chevy pickup pull into the driveway with both Trent and Derrek sitting inside it. Behind them was Brandon's black S.U.V and although the windows were fiercely tinted I could still manage to see Karis' sitting in the passenger's seat with Brandon driving.

I heard Damen slightly chuckle at me. "What?" I questioned.

"Nothing." He said as he continued to smile, "Here, let me get your door for you."

I watch Damen as he jumped out of his truck and came over to my side of the Vehicle. He opened the door for me before offering me his hand to take.

"Hey, just because I got shot in the stomach and went into a Coma for a month doesn't mean I can't open my own door." I said with a playful smile.

"Now, now, Stasee...How do you know I'm not just being a gentlemen." He teased.

I slightly blushed but then reached for his hand and slowly climbed out of the truck. My stomach was still tender and if I moved a certain way, pain would shot through my body. After two weeks of physiotherapy, I did manage to wake my body up and stretch all the cramps out but I knew it was still be awhile later before the bullet wound would fully heal.

"It's a miracle!" Karis yelled from Brandon's SUV. She had the door opened and was leaning over the frame of it. "She can walk!" I watched her as she fully jumped out of the vehicle and began to run towards me.

All the guys were slowly getting out of their vehicles and walking up towards the house while Karis bounced happily to me within seconds. Of course she had seen me almost every day since I'd woken up but I guess finally seeing me out of the hospital, made her all hyper and excited. I couldn't blame her because honestly, I was pretty excited to be out of there as well.

As Karis' small arms wrapped around my body and pulled me into a tight embrace, I winced. Her stomach pressed against my own which put pressure against the bullet wound.