001. the beginning of it all

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆    ☆   ☆ ──

𝐈𝐓 was thirteen years ago when the swirling winds of the south had encircled around the deeming fate that had awaited for my little sister and I, though the difference between the two was disparate. One had brought a confirmation of a new savior to the volatile nations that has changed dramatically since the time of Avatar Aang. The other one, however, was unintended. A grave consequence to one's mistake—my mistake. 

[ FLASHBACK —- twelve years ago ]

I was seated up straight on my twin-size bed, gazing curiously at the young seven year old girl in the mirror. I couldn't help dragging my hand through my long, dark brown hair with a bright grin. When Korra discovered she could firebend, she almost burned half of my precious locks that I took much pride on. I was forced to cut it short—you can expect that I was sobbing like crazy during it. Ever since then, I took extra care of it and made sure to avoid her thrashing flames.

You know, speaking of that, everyone always said that me and my little sister were like two different people. Complete opposites, if you suppose.

I apparently was the typical "girly girl" stereotype, profoundly enjoying fashion and beauty. Korra, on the other hand, was always getting messy and never hesitated when it came to a good fight regardless who it had been with. But, no matter the differences, we always had the best sibling bond—which was quite rare to see.

 I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard several sharp knocks on the front entrance.

"Someone's at the door!" I shouted loudly so my family members could hear. After a brief moment, several voices sounded from the living room. With a raised brow, I climbed off from my bed and quietly sneaked into the living room, where three adults had been deep in conversation with my parents.

I quickly hid behind the couch, realizing the trio had been part of the White Lotus as the elderly man in the middle cleared his throat and begun to speak. "What makes you so sure your little daughter is the one?"