impossible • anthony davis

The way we fell in love it was almost instant
I'm tryna find a way around it
Girl, tell me how you feel about it
You still love me, that's the way it's sounding
Thank God I would have never found this, I doubt it
I'm there for you if you allow it
Girl you know I gotta keep you around me

Been That Way // Bryson Tiller

------------------------------------

Brynn smiled to herself for about the one thousandth time today as she got out of her car and walked to knock on her boyfriends door, Anthony Davis. It was their three year anniversary of being together, and for their anniversaries he always went big. She couldn't wait to see what he had planned, he never disappointed her.

Anthony and Brynn were friends before they began dating. Anthony was new in the NBA and Brynn was one of his closest friends from high school. They'd kept close, and he brought her to every single rookie event—just because he wanted to experience those things with his best friend. Brynn proved her loyalty, and Anthony was going to show her how much he appreciated it.

Once he'd signed the deal with the Pelicans, he bought Brynn a brand new Audi as a gift. Brynn obviously didn't want to accept the gift because she wasn't friends with Anthony just because she knew he was going to make it to the NBA. Brynn was friends with Anthony because he was a good guy, and he'd always looked out for her in high school. It was safe to say that she loved him.

After that, Anthony realized his feelings went a little bit deeper than "just friends" too. Before Anthony could make up his mind to ask her out, Brynn did the work for him. She admitted her true feelings, despite her thoughts that Anthony only thought of her as a friend. Brynn was surprised when he said he'd go on a date with her, but she was glad she took the risk.

As she used her key to waltz inside of his house, she was a little bit saddened not to see any hints as to what he planned for them.

"Babe, where are you?" Brynn called throughout the house.

"I'm just getting out of the shower," he called from his room upstairs.

Maybe the surprise is up there, she thought to herself. Anthony knew I was coming over and he's always waiting for me downstairs.

When she entered the room, she was once again saddened to see absolutely nothing—but she didn't give up hope. Maybe if she acted like she didn't know, that would make Anthony want to give her the surprise earlier so she'd remember.

"Hey Brynn, you look nice." He pecked her lips, sitting at the edge of the bed to put on his shoes. "You meeting up with your friends or something later on today?"

"No, I just wanted to look nice for you. I thought maybe we'd do something today."

"I can't, I have a meeting to go to with the team in an hour. I don't want to be late," he stood up from the bed.

Brynn's face fell, she tried not to show it and remained sitting on his bed. "Oh, okay."

"You good? I won't be gone long, you know you're obviously welcome to stay here and do whatever until I get back. I have to go right now if I want to beat traffic though, I love you." He kissed her forehead, exiting the room. She heard the front door close, and fell back on the big bed.