28: A Fight

He ripped open the door and pulled Terence out of the car. A blow was sent his way as he beat the crap out of him.

My eyes widened incredibly. I pushed past the door and tried to break them apart. "Stop!" I yelled which earned a slight push from him as I stumbled backwards.

I held onto my belly protectively and glared at him with hatred.

Terence punched him in the guts and kicked him as he fell backwards.

Terence flew to my rescue and gently caressed my cheeks. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded, still holding onto my belly protectively.

"Babe?" His sickening voice made me rush to the drain as I puked.

A hand tenderly stroke my back as I took in a deep breath. I turned around to see Terence supporting me while I slowly stood up.

"Get your bloody hands off my woman." He growled, pushing away Terence as he pulled me into his arms.

I tensed.

Tears that has been withheld for so long finally released as I cried my heart out. "Let me go, Declan."

"Babe?"

"I'm not your girlfriend anymore, you have no more rights to call me that. Let me go."

"Even when we haven't dated, you still allowed me to call you that." He reasoned.

I pulled away from his arms and slapped him.

"That was when you were shamelessly flirting with me when we were working. But none of that matters anymore because I have decided to quit."

Hurt flickered across his eyes as he stared at me, astonished. "What?"

I looked away from him, knowing that I would fall under his spell again if I continued to look at those bewitching eyes.

"You heard me loud and clear, Declan. I am breaking up with you and quitting from this job. Go find another woman to screw." I spat with hatred as I walked towards Terence and fell into his arms weakly.

He managed to catch me and carried me in bridal style as he entered the lobby.

"Don't worry, it's over." He cooed, kissing my temple as he entered the lift with me in his arms.

I closed my eyes, letting my tears continue to spill as I embraced the moment in silence.

Things would never be the same again.

++++

He handed me a mug of hot chocolate, sitting down beside me in silence. I stared at the mug absentmindedly.

"Care to talk?" He asked, brushing his thumb across my eye bags as he wiped off my tears.

I placed the mug on the table and turned to face him. "That guy was both my boyfriend and my boss. Turns out years ago, he was the one who took away my virginity."

I could feel his body tense as he remained silent. I took it as a cue to continue.

"He kept silent about it from the day I stepped into his office until the day he got his hands on my heart and got into my pants once more."

For some odd reason, my heart pained more than anything else as tears spilled down my cheeks uncontrollably.

He shifted towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned my head against his chest and heaved a huge sigh.

"I don't believe in love anymore, Terence. I don't want to have my heart torn again."

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

31st December 2016