Chapter 20: Someone's Gonna Get Shit Whipped

"Have you got your bag?" I called down the hall. Hunter didn't reply so I called again, "Hunter, we're gonna be late!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming." He laughed, "You know for someone who hasn't spoken to their dad in ages, you sure are stressed."

I stared at him.

"Sorry, that was rude." He apologized.

"Mhm, he's still my dad and I'm having dinner with him and Jade to sort everything out before the wedding. So that's why I'm stressing."

Hunter walked over to me and held my hands in his, "You're going to try fix things?"

"I've told you this already, that's why we have to leave soon." I took my hands out of his.

"Okay, let's go fetch Sky and then get going."

"Wait," I called out when Hunter was at the door, "why have you got such a small bag? Aren't you going home after the wedding?"

Hunter was carrying a small bag, clearly only meant for the weekend, not for the holidays.

"Oh about that... I asked your mom if you could come to stay with me for a week."

"And you just 'forgot' to ask me?"

"I was just going to bring you back here, fetch my bag and then take you to my house. But now that you know, we can just go straight to my house after the wedding."

"But you haven't asked me." I said stubbornly.

"Okay, Emilia Anderson, will you please come to my house to meet my family for a week?"

"No."

He looked surprised as if he thought I was going to say yes.

"What? But your mom already said yes."

"My mom's not the one going. Just wait a second, Sky's calling. Yeah?"

"Umm... Em, Ty's taking me to meet his family so I...Umm... Won't be able to come to your dad's wedding."

I didn't answer, "Em?"

"Whatever Sky."

"Em, come on. We've been together for just over two months now."

I sighed, "I'm glad for you, Sky, I really am. I'm just sorting something out with Hunter."

I glared at him and he held his hands up defensively, "Hunter, just go take the bags to the car, we can discuss this later." He did as he was told and left, with my bag and his small bag.

"What has he done now?" Sky's voice came through the phone.

"He's taking me to his house for a week after the wedding but he asked my mom and not me."

"Is he your boyfriend!?"

"What? No."

"Em, he probably just wanted to surprise you. I suppose he asked your mom so that you wouldn't have to worry about it once he asked you. Are you going?"

"I said no."

"Em, I can tell that Hunter clearly likes you and I think you do too," I blushed, "so just go."