Chapter 25: Ravishing!

"Em, I'm sorry." Hunter came up to me, I was helping his mom in the kitchen.

I didn't answer him so he leaned over and whispered to me, "Please just come outside."

June was in the kitchen too, I had told her what had happened and she didn't bother asking me about my sister. She respected my privacy unlike Hunter who never actually asked me but rather spoke about how "closed off" I was. She understood why I was so frustrated. I needed another way to avoid Hunter so June said I could help her in the kitchen. Which had worked up until now. I looked over at his mom and she closed her eyes and nodded once.

Hunter held my hand and pulled me towards a bench outside. He sat but I remained standing with my arms crossed over my chest.

He looked up at me for a moment, knowing I wouldn't sit, then spoke, "I'm sorry. It wasn't right of me to discuss something with my family that you haven't even told me about. I knew it was something bad and that you'd need time when you mentioned a case file... I just... I'm sorry, sweetheart."

"You said I was closed off, Hunt. You know a lot more about me than I know about you. I only found out you had siblings today."

"I know and it's not fair but I just..." Hunter was struggling to explain.

I uncrossed my arms and sat down next to Hunter, resting my head on his shoulder, "I forgive you too easily."

Hunter smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist, "Thank you."

"Just give me time, Hunt. I will tell you eventually."

Hunter rested his chin on my head and we sat in silence for a few moment till we heard Jude calling his dad.

"Come on, sweetheart. My dad's going to love you." Hunter pulled me up and lead me to his dad.

"Mr. Maddox. I'm Emilia." I offered my hand out to Hunter's dad.

Hunter's dad shook my hand, "John and trust me, I know who you are."

June came out of the kitchen and gave her husband a kiss.

"Just in time for dinner."

"Dad! Isn't Em just... I've run out of words..." Jude looked down hearted but Hunter whispered in his ear and he smiled, "Ravishing!"

We all laughed at him.

"Thank you Jude." I bent down and gave him a hug.

"Looks like someone likes Emilia more than Hunter." His dad joked but I still blushed.

"Cath even smiled at her." His mom added.

Hunter's dad turned to me surprised, "You think you could do it again?"

"I could try." I shrugged.

"No pressure, sweetheart." Hunter laughed.

"Wait! My camera! Incase she does it again." Hunter's dad ran up the stairs and came back with a small camera.

Hunter looked more like his mom with their matching dark hair but he had his dad's eyes. June had little dark tuffs on her head too, Jude was the only one with hair like his dad.