26: Run Devil Run

Hey everyone! It has been a while! I hope you all have had a great start to the New Year. Now as this year progresses I'll be updating you on a few things.

I do want to point out however that I won't be as frequent as before with this fanfiction. I'll most likely upload a chapter a week at least but if I can get two out then that would be awesome. Also, nearly every month this fanfic will go on a break for a week two. This has got nothing to do with me getting bored with this or running out of ideas. The reason why is because of a few things. One I have a busy schedule and two; I want to stretch this out.

I want this fanfic to last at least till the end of this year. BUT if I can keep it going into 2018 then that would be great. That's my aim at least.

Also just to let you all know, the 1k views special is coming but it won't be released until this fanfiction reaches 1k views. So at least another two chapters will be released before that comes out but it may be a few more. I'll update you every chapter or two.

Anyway, enough babbling! On with the chapter!

:-{ D
--------------------
Harley's eyes shot open. A noise woke Harley up and she was scared. Harley sat upright to see what's around her. She could barely see her surroundings. "Who could be here? There's only me and red that lives here! No one lives nearby!" Harley thought worriedly. Harley looked at Ivy lying fast asleep. Another noise but louder made Harley jump.

"R-red" Harley called, shaking Ivy's shoulder gently. Ivy made a very small noise but did not wake up. Harley heard a short creek. "R-red, red! Red!" Harley called, getting more and more scared. Ivy moaned and started to move. "Red!" Harley repeated, this time waking Ivy up. "Huh?! Harl? What's wrong?" Ivy asked. "S-someone is in the house" Harley half whispered shakily. Ivy looked at Harley in confusion. "But-"Ivy began to reply but froze when she heard a noise. "I'm scared red" Harley revealed, her chin quivering in fear.

"It's okay baby, it's okay" Ivy reassured, putting her arm round her. The pair heard another noise. "Okay Harl, listen to me carefully. There's a flash light in my draw over there. Take that, get out of the house and run to the green house. When you get there, go right to the back of the greenhouse where my second desk is and hide their. It'll be very hard to see you. You wait for me Harl. Okay?" Ivy told her. Harley didn't answer, instead she were shivering in fear. "Okay?" Ivy repeated. Harley nodded. Ivy nodded at her and placed her hand on her cheek.

Harley gripped the torch tightly as she stood at the bedroom door. Ivy slowly and carefully got out of bed and laid on her stomach on the floor. She placed her ear to the floor and listened. Ivy looked up at Harley. "He's in the living room" Ivy whispered. Harley nodded and took a deep breath. She slowly opened the door and walked very slowly out the room.

Harley walked to the top of the stairs and started to go down them, taking every step carefully and slowly. She heard movement coming from the living room. Harley got to the ground floor and walked towards the kitchen but was grabbed and pulled into the living room. Harley landed on the sofa. Harley then heard laughing. Very familiar laughing. It sent shivers down her spine and her heart began pounding. "N-no, it can't be!" Harley exclaimed, shaking in fear. "Oh but it is my sweet, sweet Harley" the voice replied. Harley could only see a black figure in shape of a person but she knew who it was. It was The Joker.

"Why don't you come with me? I got a present for you waiting. It'll be a scream" The Joker told Harley before laughing in a low tone. "No!" Harley yelled and she hit him in the face with the torch. Harley then ran out of the living room and into the kitchen. She rushed to get the back door open and she ran. Harley did not stop. Harley ran straight to the greenhouse like Ivy instructed her. Harley opened the door, got inside and slowly closed the door; not wanting to make a sound. Harley looked at her torch and tried to turn it on. She shook it and tried turning it on but had no luck. Harley lowered the torch and ran to the back of the green house.

Harley managed to hide near where the second desk were. She stayed put and did not move. Harley then thought about Ivy. "Oh no... She's on her own! What if she's in danger?" Harley thought. She teared up at the thought. "Haaaaaarleeeeeyyyyy" Joker's voice called out creepily. Joker was inside the greenhouse.

Harley was shaking as she hugged her legs tightly. "Come on pumpkin pie, I'm not going to bite" Joker continued, sounding much closer than the first time. Tears began to roll down Harley's cheeks. "Oh red, help me" Harley said, her voice barely loud enough for anyone to hear. "She can't help you" Joker told her. Harley looked up and her eyes widened when she saw Joker standing over her. His grin wide and his eyes glowed as he stared down at the terrified girl sitting on the floor. "No one can help you" Joker added, his voice getting lower and his hands getting closer.

"NO!" Harley screamed, bolting upright in bed. She was a frozen for a few seconds. Harley's scream had woken up Ivy beside her. She too was sitting upright. "Harley?" Ivy said very softly, very worried about her girlfriend. "It... It was a dream. A nightmare" Harley said, still in shock from her terrifying nightmare. "You had a nightmare? Are you okay baby?" Ivy asked, realizing what the nightmare was about. Harley lowered her head and began to cry. Ivy put her arms round her quickly. Harley leaned into Ivy, crying from how real the dream was. Harley's head were resting just below Ivy's chin. Ivy stroked Harley's cheek, trying to soothe her. "Shhhhhh, its okay baby. It's okay" Ivy half whispered, slowly rocking back and forth. Ivy was hugging Harley tightly, making her know that she is safe and Ivy is there...
--------------------
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, bit of an odd return but I wanted to mix things up. The title of this chapter is from a song by Crowder called Run Devil Run. You can listen to the song if you want above but you don't have too.

Oh, did I forget to mention that this is a DOUBLE UPLOAD!? This is chapter one of two coming out today!

Next chapter is titled: "You Are My Guests". See you all next chapter!