Coasters

Graduation was in just five days and if I heard another person ask what I'm planning to do after high school, then I'd probably go crazy.

Truth is, I really don't know what I'm going to do. I'm sort of just riding the tide as of right now.

Jesse was filling me in with details about all the horrible things Abby would do when they were together. Yeah, were.

He was so mature and friendly I enjoyed having other company besides Eric. I was beginning to get a little lonesome without friends.

In my defense, I really didn't want any to begin with. Once I was at my "low" everyone distanced themselves from me and I realized who my real friends were; no one.

Except Jesse, I suppose. He fought long and hard for a friendship. If he was even striving for that.

"You still eat your apple sauce with celery? Ah, that's so gross." Jesse scorned my lunch habits.

"It is not, this is much more healthy then what you're eating right now." I took another bite of my celery covered in apple sauce. Delicious.

"At least this sloppy joe looks appetizing." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes.

He jumped on his feet with excitement, "Are you ready for Grad night? We're talking Six Flags!"

My face puckered as if I licked a lemon, "I'm not going."

His eyes widened as he scoffed, "No way! Why not?"

I shrugged, "I rather stay at home in my pjs, eating a tub of ice cream, while watching 'Mean Girls'."

He smiled arrogantly, "I doubt that, you probably have plans with your boyfriend. Don't you?"

"No, I don't." I laughed.

"Well? Why wouldn't you go?"

I sighed, "I don't know who'd I'd ride with."

He replied without hesitation, "Me! Of course."

I folded my arms, "Is that suppose to convince me?"

He chuckled, "Oh come on."

I suppose it won't do me any harm.

"Fine, I'm in."

**

Six flags came by too fast, just like everything else. I was drumming my fingers on the desk, anxiously waiting for the speaker to announce the seniors dismissal. Soon after, it did just that.

I threw my backpack over my shoulders and sped out the classroom. Jesse found me and we walked to the school bus together.

We both wore t-shirts and jeans, to keep it casual and comfy.

Getting on the bus was a nightmare. Actually, that wasn't even close to a nightmare. One, the ride to the theme park was a four hour trip. Second, Abby somehow found a seat directly in front of us. So, every five minutes we'd hear her blab to her friend about the guys she's been seeing.