♚23. RAW

"Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion

"Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion." -Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

J o r d y n    T a m e

MY SKIN GLISTENED as I admired my bare face in the mirror. I washed my face leaving no make up evident on my skin. I noticed the light freckles on my cheeks near my nose and I touch them feeling the skin.

I felt different...

In a good way, of course. I felt new and the compassion in my heart was growing making me feel even more ambitious. I wanted change.

Tomorrow, the guards would be here to take Samia away. There had to be something that I could do and I was glad that Alpha Lexis was willing to support me on this. Humans could not keep being taken advantage of by the corrupt system.

If I didn't intervene, the guards would have taken Samia away knowing well that they were breaking the law. By the law, she was granted 24 hours.

I gasp when Lexis' hands snake around my waist from behind and pull me against his torso. His cold breath was felt on my skin as he places kisses down my neck. His canines must have been elongated because I felt them graze my skin. Lexis sighs before pulling away from the crook of my neck.

I turn myself around to face him only to see his frustrated expression. It was getting harder for him...for us. We knew that it wasn't the right time for us to cross certain boundaries. I mean, there were too many obstacles that we still needed to come to face to. Whenever things got too intense, we knew when to stop. I believe that is why we stayed celibate.

"It's getting harder, isn't it?" I question him causing him to nod.

"I wish we met under different circumstances." He admits.

"Normal?" I suggest. "You want normal..."

Lexis nods before looking away from my eyes. "For years I had forced myself to believe that love wasn't for me. That success was all I needed and that loneliness was the trick of the mind. I was cold and bitter, and suddenly you come into my life and you change everything. You gave me clarity and I know it's not just because we are mates..." Lexis says.

"What do you think it is?" I ask.

He smiles, it was a bright smile. I loved the fact that I was seeing him smile more often. "There's something about you...and it's strange. It's strange in a good way. I used to hate hearing everything happens for a reason. From the death of my parents, to my mate leaving me, to everything that I have ever known deceiving me...you make me believe in that. You make me believe that everything might actually happen for a reason. My mother told me I would find someone who would challenge me and show me a better way than resistance. You did that...in the span of days."