Part 6

After I finished eating, I quickly cleaned myself up and made my way over to Rick's house to figure out what my job in Alexandria would be, like he asked.

I walked up to the house, knocking on the door before it soon swung open, and surprisingly, Deanna was on the other side of it.

"Oh, hi!" I laughed, "Rick told me to come by?"

"I know; we both wanted to see you," She smiled, "Come in!"

As I walked in, I saw Rick in the living room holding a small baby in his arms before handing her off to Carl, Rick's son that I briefly met last night.

I furrowed my eyebrows in amusement as I sat down on the couch, "I had no idea you had a baby."

Rick nodded, sitting down on a chair near me, "Yeah, that's Judith."

"Aw, that's a sweet name." I smiled.

"Do you like babies, Liz?" Deanna asked, sitting down besides me, "I'm sure Rick could always use another set of eyes watching her."

"Um, not really," I chuckled, "I was never around babies much."

"That's more than fine, we have enough people wanting to watch her already," Rick chuckled, "I was actually wanting to give you a bigger job; if you were up for it."

"What is it?" I asked, curious.

"You said you always kept moving while you were out there with those people, so you know your way around open roads, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, not this area specifically, but I can get around places pretty easily." I shrugged.

"And you can protect yourself and others?"

"I made it this far, didn't I?" I chuckled.

"Well, how would you like to be a runner?" He asked, "You go into town with a few others, scavenge for supplies, and bring it back. You have to be able to get in and out of these places fast because most of them aren't cleared out yet. Think it's something you can do?"

I let out a heavy breath as I nodded, taking in the idea of having such an important job here already, "Yeah, I mean, it's kinda what I used to do anyway."

"Well," Rick nodded, "Looks like you have a job then."

"Hey, and maybe, since you'll be getting the supplies anyway, you could help Olivia stock them on your free time." Deanna added.

"Yeah, I could do that." I smiled, grateful that they were trusting me with such important things.

"Then it's settled!" Deanna exclaimed, "We're glad to have you in Alexandria."

_____
Short chapter, but starting with the next chapter, stuff starts to get real interesting👀