Chapter 11

"Let's get a photo" I smiled at Jace's suggestion as we headed towards the backdrop where they were taking photos, I handed my phone to the photographer, they took one professionally and one for me on my phone. Jace stood slightly behind me putting his hands on my waist, we both smiled for the camera, once the flash went off camera dogged his hands into my side making me laugh and look back and another flash went off. I smiled at the lady grabbing my phone, Jace wrapped his hand around my waist guiding us towards the guys who seemed to be in a heated discussion.
"Uh hi guys?"
"Oh hi Katie" Eli smiled trying to cover up whatever was just happening.
"What's going on?" I looked between all three guys "speak please"
"Have you heard from Kyle" Liam finally gave in and obviously he wasn't meant to from the looks the other two gave him.
"Yes I have why?"
"Where is he Katie?" Jace let go of my wait so they were all standing in front of me, what is going on with these losers, they don't even really like Kyle
"I can't say Jace and since when are you all buddy buddy" Liam pulled out his phone clicking on a message from an unknown number. It was a photo of me in the locker room at the pool with a caption;

'your little friend best pay up or come out of hiding otherwise I'll get my hand on this little beauty'

"We all got this" Liam said grabbing his phone from me "now what does it mean?"
"Kyle's in trouble again okay, but he's dealing with it, don't worry guys"
"We are worrying Katie because someone is sending us photos of you half naked with messages saying they're going to get you instead?" Jace spoke softly, they all looked scared.
"Look it's probably just an empty threat" I kind of was scared "let's dance?" I needed them to stop talking about this, they'll give me a freaking anxiety attack. Jace nodded giving me a small smile, I clasped his hand in mine pulling him towards the dance floor "I love this song" I hummed along, it was James Arthur's say you won't let go.

"We danced the night away, we drank to much, I held your hair back when you throw in up" I sung along light as we swayed to the music "then you smiled over your shoulder, for a moment I was stone cold sober, I pulled you closer to my chest" Jace mimicked the lyrics pulling me closely to his chest as we kept dancing to the beautiful tune.
"This song describes us perfectly" his voice sent shivers down mine spine.
"Yeah it does"

At least 7 songs later of non stop dancing I could barley feel my feet, these heels were killing me and with Principle Higgs' rule of "shoes must be kept on at all times" I had to soldier through the pain, but this was getting really difficult "I'm going to sit down" I told the guys and they nodded continuing to do some stupid dance moves to some bangers they had playing. Once I reached the tables I pulled my phone from my clutch seeing 9 messages, 1 from mum 8 from Kyle.
Mum: have a good time tonight, show me photos later xx
She knew the truth and had to hide her disappointment of not seeing me before the formal and take those dorky pictures of me and my date so I promised I'd show her pictures tomorrow. Now for Kyle.
Kyle: can you talk?
Kyle: where are you?
Kyle: Katie why are the boys contacting me
Kyle: Katie
Pretty much all the other messages were along the same lines. What is his problem. Instead of texting him back I just dialled his number exciting the gym "kyle?"
"Katie, finally, where are you?"
"My school formal Kyle"
"Why are the boys contacting me"
"They're just stress heads don't worry, I'll explain later"
"No, explain how, please, meet me at the church"
"Now?"
"Now"
"Jesus Christ Kyle, fine" I grumbled hanging up, I walked back inside trying to avoid the guys and find Lily. Luckily the boys were still happily involved in dancing, I found Lily talking with her date near the tables "Katie hey"
"Hey lil can I ask a favour?"
"Anything"
"Can I borrow your car quickly" she gave me a skeptical look put handed me her car keys "thanks Lil" I grabbed my clutch dodging every passing person on my way out of the gym, honestly I am surprised the boys didn't see me, they've usually got eyes on me like a hawk, huh maybe they've learnt to trust me, that'd be a first. I started the engine of Lil's car driving to the town centre parking out the front of the church, I stayed in the car till I saw Kyle peer around from the side of the church giving me a slight wave. I left my clutch and phone in the car locking it walking around the corner of the church. It was dark, cold and creepy here, why can't we meet in say Maccas, somewhere that has people and lights and warmth.
"Hi Kyle" honest,y my voice would have sounded completely bitchy but I mean he is ruining my night.
"Woah you look gorgeous"
"Cut to the chance"
"Why are the boys freaking out and contacting me all the time, did you tell them where I was?" Doesn't he trust me? Stupid boys.
"No, they all received an anonymous text message about me, a photo of me half undressed captioned something about if you don't come out of hiding they'd come for me. Care to explain?" He looked like he'd just seen a ghost after my explanation "Kyle?"
"They're really not playing this time" he seemed to be talking to himself "I'm trying to get the money, you have to stay with the boys till I've sorted this out"
"Not possible sorry, my aunts got me on house arrest, she already thinks I'm at a sleepover" what is the big deal about this "this is some pretty little liars shit" I smiled
"Katie this isn't a joke, these guys are bad so stay safe" he looked straight past me as I saw a pair of lights shine on the torch, someone's here "did anyone follow you?"
"Not that I saw, Kyle your freaking me out" he just grabbed me pulling me behind him as he neared closer to the edge of the church but I just stood still fiddling with my fingers, why did I think befriending these people would ever be simple, more importantly why would I ever think letting Kyle back in my life after his history would be a breeze. God I'm an idiot.

"KATIE, WHERE ARE YOU" Jace? Why is he here.
"Is that Jace?" Kyle whispered I smiled bidding walking out of the shadows with Kyle hot on my tail, I thought the boys would be relieved to see me but they looked mad, I followed their gaze and it landed on Kyle, they were mad at him. I walked up to the boys slightly rubbing Jace's arm trying to calm him down "hey" I whispered but they all seemed to completely ignore my presence, how polite. Then they pretty much went at it, them yelling at Kyle, Kyle yelling at them, me trying to stop it but eventually giving up and sitting on the bench watching it all, no one threw a punch so that's good but they were all very rilled up, till their phones buzzed and they fell silent looking around, they all looked kinda scared "Katie come here" Jace mumbled, I walked up to them trying to take a glimpse of their phones but they hid them so I snatched Jace's. Another message.

A photo of them all fighting and me sitting a distance away on the bench with the caption 'doesn't she look lovely in that dress boys, would look even lovelier off. Tick tick' .
Freaks, absolute freaks, this is some creepy arse TV show shit. I passed the phone back to Jace and they all looked at me with the same look of pity I've seen once or twice before "Katie" Kyle mumbled reaching out for me, I flinched away glaring at him.
"You sort this out Kyle, don't get me involved with your stupid gambling, sort this out soon or so god help you" I spat, he nodded backing away running to his car.
"Get me out of here" I whisper, I've never felt this scared, someone could be watching me now for all I know. Jace took Lily's car keys coming with me whilst the others drove them selves back to the school. Once we arrived I put on a smile and dragged the boys back inside, we've got to have fun, I won't let this get me down, nor them.

"come on let's go dance" I pulled Jace towards the dance floor as he quickly tossed Lil her keys, I danced along to the music laughing and trying to lift the mood, it was working with everyone else but not with Jace.
"Katie are you alright?"
"I'm fine Jace, stop stressing" I couldn't let him know I was scared, he just narrowed his eyes at me looking at me somewhat lopsided "what?"
"I can see through you Katie, do you want to leave?" I gave a slight nod and he grabbed my hand pulling me through the crowd out of the gymnasium. He let go of my wrist with the walk to the car and we pretty much stayed silent till we entered his house "mum and dad are out for the weekend, work stuff" and I just nodded following him upstairs to the bedrooms "um do you want to sleep with me or have the guest room?" I usually sleep in his room when the guys are here but guest when it's us two, usually since his dad always made sure we weren't 'silly', however at mine we always bunk together, explanation finished.
"What do you want?" Did he want me to sleep with him? I assumed I would.
"It's up to you Katie" I just shrugged walking into the guest room, I heard him close his door. I pulled off my heels and flopped on the bed, I had no clothes but this dress, classic. I slipped off the dress sliding into the bed and as cliche as it sounds I felt cold and lonely. I honestly laid there for at least half hour just thinking, driving myself crazy thinking about all the threats and Kyle and what was going to happen. Stuff it. I slipped out of the bed opening the door sneaking into Jace's room, the lights were off and I could just see his figure in the bed. I reached the bed and slid into the bed when Jace sat up "Katie?"
"I couldn't sleep"
"are you okay?"
"Just lost in my thoughts, can I sleep in here"
"Of course you can" I smiled sliding further down covering myself with the blankets snuggling right into the bed immediately feeling so comfortable and so tired "what are you wearing I can feel you shaking?"
"My underwear, dresses aren't the comfiest" I heard him lightly chuckle and could feel him moving then he passed me a jumper which I slid on "thank you"
"You know I'll keep you safe won't you?"
"I know but with Tessa?"
"We'll figure it out. I don't want to leave you alone though Katie"
"I don't want to be alone" I whispered, I don't know if he heard it but he stroked his fingers through my hair until I fell asleep.

******

Enjoy????? I hope you did, I hope your enjoying this story, sorry about the slow updates. Please vote, comment and share, you don't know how appreciative I'd be xx