I Feel Like Crawling Out Of My Skin And Hidding

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Abrelle's POV

"Nat," another voice yells and a few seconds later a familiar male figure appears.

"Elliot?" I ask as I pick up Nat and she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Is this your daughter?" He asks.

"Dad," Nat smiles as soon as she spots Noah.

"Hi sweetie," Noah takes a hold of her and she immediately complies. I just stand there starring at Elliot unable to open my mouth.

"Yes," I say after a few seconds. "Nat is my-- our daughter."

"You named her after Nathan," he clears his throat. "That's sweet."

"Yeah," I nod. "He'd be showing her off to everyone if he was here."

"I bet," he laughs.

"How did you know her name?" I ask.

"She told me," he explains. "She was running around and I asked her."

"You're not supposed to talk to strangers," I tell Nat and she grins back sheepishly. "Good thing it was Stone and not some bad guy."

"Yeah, we should get going," Noah says and Elliot nods.

"I'm here to talk to Stephan," he explains and I give him a confused look.

"What for?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I don't know," he exhales. "He just told me to come to meet him in his office."

"Okay," I nod. "I'm just heading home."

"Have a nice night," he smiles before walking away.

"Nat," a familiar voice yells before Will comes into view. "I am so sorry Abrelle. I turned for a second and she was running off."

"You're not supposed to run off Natalia," I glare at her. "Will is your friend and you scared him. What would have happened if you got lost or a scary bad man found you?"

"Elle," Noah says. "It's okay, she didn't get lost."

"It doesn't matter," I glare at him before looking back at Nat. "Apologize to Will and next time you run off I'm going to ground you."

"Sorry," Nat tells Will before shoving her head into Noah's chest crying.

"It's okay Natalia," Will pats her shoulder.

"Come on sweetie," Noah rubs her back. "You know better than running off like that."

***

"You want to visit her?" Noah says and I nod.

"Yeah," I say. "I think I should go visit her."

"Elle," he says exasperated. "When you went to visit Sam it took a lot from you. Now you want to go see her too?"

"She is my sister," I frown. "Stepsister, but sister. Besides I'm just letting you know because we agreed on no more secrets. I am not, however, asking for permission."

"I know," he nods. "You're going to go visit her even if I were to say no."

"You got that right," I smile. "So why are you making dinner?"

"It's a surprise," he grins.

So Nat fell asleep as soon as we got home and Noah began cooking because he said it was some big surprise for me.

"Just tell me," I roll my eyes. "You know I hate surprises."

"Nope," he shakes his head. "You're going to have to wait to find out."

"Whatever," I huff. "So what do you think if I open a non-profit charity for women in prison?"

I know, that was random, but I've been thinking about it lately. A charity that can help women who are living through what I went through.

Hell.

"I don't know," he says. "It sounds sweet and all, but are you sure you want to get involved in that?"

"I think so," I nod. "I remember how terrible my time there was and I just want to help someone have simple things. Like a clean toothbrush or a comb."

"How are you going to open this non-profit charity of yours?" He asks and I shrug.

"I'm Abrelle Louise," I say. "The name will attract enough attention that people will want to donate."

"That's true," he says.

"People also know I've been to prison," I say. "I'm sure they can imagine my time there wasn't pretty."

"Yeah," he nods. "I wouldn't know since you don't really talk about it with me."

"We are not having this conversation again," I roll my eyes. "I don't want to talk about it, Noah. That time of my life is behind me now and I'd like to keep it that way."

"About that," he says. "A woman called Scarlett called me the other day. She said she wanted to see you personally."

"Scarlett," I grin. "She was-- someone I met inside."

"Do you see what I mean?" He scoffs. "You can't even tell me who she was."

"She was my cellmate and friend," I glare at him. "The one I almost got killed too many times and she stood at my side the entire time. I promised to write to her and never did. So now I feel like an ungrateful bitch."

"Oh," is the only thing he says.

"Exactly," I exhale. "I don't talk about my time in there because it's something I haven't let go of yet. I just don't have nightmares about it anymore."

As soon as Noah's about to answer we hear a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," I stand up and go towards the door.

"I got it, Elle," Noah tries to stand in front of me, but I beat him placing myself between him and the door.

"What is happening?" I whisper harshly. "Noah, I don't like surprises. I assumed you were going to give me a physical gift, but if something I won't like is expecting me outside this door-"

"Calm down," he whispers. "I was going to tell you before they arrived, but they're early."

"Who's early?" I ask trying my best to keep my cool.

If it's his family I swear I will freak out.

"Noah," a voice says and I feel my skin crawl at the sound.

No.

"You didn't," I say and he nods excitedly unaware of the feelings that are consuming me.

I feel like crawling out of my skin and hiding in some dark far away corner.

Breathe Abrelle.

It's all in the past.

"If you weren't going to answer," another voice says. "You shouldn't have invited us."

I turn and open the door placing a huge smile on my face.

"That would be incredibly rude," I say as I face them.

Lisa and Jason.

A/N: New Chapter!!!

Sorry for taking a while, but here it is.

QOTC: Jason (J the bell boy) or Lisa (Liz the ex-best friend)?

Comment & Vote

Love, Pam