nine

||•11•||

"i feel like my feet are going to fall off." jungkook complained as he and jimin entered their flat after the second day of their rigorous practice.

"you did well kookie~" jimin praised, ruffling the younger's hair. his concerns for the performance tomorrow is completely gone because of jungkook's help. jimin was impressed when the younger managed to master the whole dance in just two days. it took most of their time and jimin even skipped school. there were some distractions from time to time but he's not complaining. especially when those distractions involved not-so-holy deeds.

"i should get a reward for this." jungkook said, stripping of his shirt. he wants to go to sleep as soon as possible but he couldn't do that if he hasn't showered yet. that's a taboo for him.

jimin blinked away. having naughty thoughts would not do him good as of the moment. he's still very sore from yesterday.

"jimin-hyung look." jungkook called out, picking a little note he found on the coffee table.

"what is it?"

"tae said he went out to go to a cafe. the idiot didn't say which one." he said before crumpling it at throwing it at the bathroom's trashcan.

"but it's getting pretty late." jimin frowned, worrying that taehyung might get himself lost.

"i'll go get him." he decided and head out without a second thought.

***

walking down the pavement, jimin thought about which cafe taehyung would've probably wandered off to.

the night air was cool and there weren't many people so jimin didn't mind walking at all. it was quite relaxing actually.

after about 10 minutes of checking the different stores and cafes he passed by he finally spotted the unsual mop of lilac hair inside a cafe named "te amo".

he pushed the door open, causing the cafe bell ring. the place was cool and refeshing. the interior design had a pastel theme, there was the aroma of sweet smelling pastry engulfing the air and the soft sound of a piano's melody.

making his way to where taehyung was sat, he smiled admiring how cute taehyung looked. his chin was rested on his hand, lips sipping the straw of what seemed to be his third drink of milktea. the younger was too engrossed in watching the guy who was playing the piano that he didn't even notice jimin sitting right across from him.

jimin too rested his chin on his hand; also staring, not at the piano but at the lilac haired boy.

adorable wide eyes under his long defined lashes. sharp nose with a mole at the tip that he only just noticed and those lips. pink kissable lips wrapped around the thin straw.

jimin lightly banged his head on the table, the image of taehyung kneeling infront of him invading his head.

yah yah jimin no sinful thoughts. you're supposed to bring taehyung back home.

jimin stopped when he felt that he wasn't the only one hitting the table. lifting his head up, he saw taehyung mimicking him.

"yah! stop. stop." jimin said frantically, cupping the younger's face to stop him.

taehyung straightened up, his expression confused. "but why?"

"why do you mean 'why'? don't bang your head against the table!"

"you were doing it so i thought it was a custom here."

"ah seriously. this idiot." jimin frowned at taehyung's now red exposed forehead. "don't hurt yourself." he clicked his tongue.

"you want some?" taehyung offered his orea flavored milktea to jimin, dismissing what the older has said.

jimin waved his hand at taehyung. "nah, it's okay. we need to go home for dinner anyway."

"now?"

"yes, now."

"but..." taehyung trailed of his gaze landing at the piano.

"oh~ you wanna play?"

taehyung showed a shy smile, head slightly tilted down. "if i can. that instrument is quite similar to the ones i play in the past." he said, thinking of the gayageum that he always played.

"i'll let you play one song before we go home. is that fine?"

"yeah~" he flashed his boxed smile, head cocked to the side.

***

brushing his fingers along the keys, taehyung was amazed by how smooth they were. jimin was sat next to him on the piano's chair.

pressing a key, a short soft sound was produced. taehyung familiarized himself with the different pitches and tones of the keys as he associated it with the ones he used to play. he was amazed by the various different sound he could make.

"i think i've gotten the hang of it." the lilac haired boy said, eyes still glued on the keys. jimin loves it when taehyung is focused on something. the way his eyebrows knit ever so slightly, his eyes twinkling with amusement and his lips pursed tightly together.

turning to jimin, taehyung smiled. "want to hear a melody i composed before?"

"wah, i didn't know you know how to make songs. sure~ i would love to." jimin smiled back, amazed at his new discovery.

"don't laugh at me, kay? i'm not good at this."

"yea, yea." the older answered impatiently, too eager to here the tune that taehyung made.

jimin's enthusiastic grin slowly turned into a small adoring smile once taehyung started to play the piano. the melody he made was beautiful yet something was sad about it. jimin can't quite explain what this feeling was but he felt his heart weighing on him. what's more was that taehyung looked lovely playing the piano; his fingers pressing the key gracefully, body moving naturally and yet he looked... broken.

the scene seemed bittersweet to jimin and he doesn't even know why.

jimin jolted on his seat, seeing a single tear slip from taehyung eyes. "w-why? why are you crying?" he said, quickly wiping taehyung's tear.

"eh? i cried?" taehyung asked, his fingers stopped moving, geniuenly clueless that he indeed, cried.

"yes you did. are you okay?" jimin scooted closer, worry evident in his voice.

"ah." taehyung faked a chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. "i wasn't crying. maybe my eyes were too dry. don't worry about it."

"but--"

"was it good?" taehyung changed the subject.

jimin sighed. he was gonna press the matter but then he figured that maybe taehyung didn't want to talk about it so he let it slip. "yes it was a really beautiful tone."

"ehhh be honest with me."

"i am being honest. its really really good. i swear." jimin said holding up a hand.

taehyung blushed and jimin grinned, discovering another thing about the younger.

eyyy this kid can't handle compliments.

he abruptly rose up from his seat, startling jimin a bit. "let's go home."

"how bout you're drinks? who's gonna pay for it?"

"you of course. who else?"