Chapter 33

OMG 1K READS!!😱😱

I'm so excited! Thanks to everyone who reads, votes and comments on this story it means the world to me!😊😊

If anyone has any ideas of what to do with it before the baby is born, I'd love hear them because tbh I'm kind of stuck.😐

And Happy New Year! 🎉🎉🎉 (I live in the UK so it's news years day today)

It was 6 O'clock, dinner time in the Malfoy household, the whole family including Lucius, Draco and Rodulphus were sitting around the dinner table. Hermione had actually grown to like Draco a little more, obviously she hadn't forgotten everything he had said and done, but he had been perfectly civil to her ever since he got back.

"So, how was your day, Lucius?" Narcissa asked, performing up her expected status as pureblood housewife. Hermione didn't really understand why her aunt chose to live her life like that, Narcissa was a powerful witch, even if she hadn't embraced her abilities like Bellatrix had, and if she hadn't dedicated every second of her life to her family she could have been great.

"Nothing interesting, dear." Lucius said.

It was silent for a minute, no one really knew what to say. Bellatrix, sensing the tone of the room, decided to chip in.

"So...." She said, trying to think of something to say. "Oh, yes! Hermione, would you care to join me in the library after dinner? I know you love to read,"

"I would love to, very much," Hermione said, smiling.

"You will go....but in a moment..." An unfamiliar and eerie voice echoed though the room. A chill went down Hermiones spine. She saw everyone around the table tense up. There was only one explanation. Voldemort.

"My lord," Bellatrix said, and then gave Hermione a look. Hermione took the hint, and put up her occlumency shields up. "How can I serve you today my lord," Bellatrix said.

Suddenly the snake-eyed create appeared before them in a cloud of black smoke.

"Bellatrix, it appears congratulations are in order," He said.

"Thank you, my lord," Bellatrix said, facing the table.

"But today I'm a here to speak to your other child, Cordelia," He said. "Or, as she calls herself, Hermione.."

Hermione started having a mini panic. Why did Voldemort want to speak to her? She she say something? Should she say my lord?

"May I ask why, my lord?" Bellatrix said, her voice shaking.

"No, you may not Bellatrix," he snapped. "Now miss Lestrange, please come with me," he said, and walked out of the room.

Hermione gave a panicked look to Bellatrix, who was desperately trying to hide her worry. "Go, honey," Bellatrix whispered, her eyes starting to water.

Hermione nervously walked out of the room, to see the dark lord with his arms crossed. He looked at the door and it slammed shut, making Hermione jump and shudder.

"Hermione, are you scared of me?" The snake like man asked.

"I think I fear what you have the possibility of doing, more than I fear you yourself. Actions speak louder then words, and a believe to be unafraid of your actions would be foolish," Hermione said, using every last bit of confidence she had in her.

Voldemort nodded. "Your a smart girl, I saw that in you from the first day we met."

"We have met before?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, but then you were known as for Cordelia." He said. "Now Hermione, I'm not going to kill you. I'm this purely because I see great things in you."

"I don't want to fight for dark," Hermione said bravely.

"I find it niève how those who haven't experienced both ends of magic see it light and dark." He said. "I believe that everyone just wants to achieve there own goals, and those with more passion are seen as either dark or light."

"If so, why all the torture and killing?" Hermione asked.

"That..is a grey area," He admitted. "I seek power, and that is something that you can never have enough of,"

"If I may ask, why did you want to talk to me?" Hermione asked.

He paused. "In fact, I believe you wish to speak to me,"

"I'm sorry, I don't understand,"

"You wish to know how to protect your mother and sister from evils, am I correct?"

"Sister?"

"The child your mother is carrying, is a daughter,"

"How did you know that?" Hermione questioned.

"That is irrelevant," he said. "You are clearly a person of passion, and I am willing to help you with this, if you remain loyal I will provide protection for you and your family,"

"But why aren't you talking to Bellatrix about this?" Hermione asked.

"Bellatrix is loyal, but I found her small-minded, you, on the other hand, can see things from both sides," he explained.

Hermione almost found it funny how little he knew. He saw Bellatrix as a mindless servent, willing to do anything under his command, but in reality she was so much more than that. He saw her as small-minded, but really it was him who was small minded.

"May I return to my family?" Hermione requested.

"You may." He replied, and then disapparated.

Hermione opened the big wooden doors and was almost run over by Narcissa and Bellatrix coming over and hugging her.

"Baby, are you Okay?" Bellatrix said, clinging onto her as if for life.

"I'm fine, it's okay," Hermione said.

"I love you so much," Bellatrix said, water pouring from her eyes like little waterfalls. "I was so scared,"

"It's alright," Hermione soothed."I'm safe, we are safe,"