Fourty • Love?

"Hello... love?" The voice asked once again.

You only chuckled softly to yours at the thought of really imagining the voice of the one person you wanted with you more than anything. There wasn't a chance he would have apparated to you all the way in Ireland. Newt was far more intelligent than that.

Slowly opening your eyes, you were met by a familiar, freckled face.

"N-Newt?" You croaked out.

"Hey, I'm here too!" The higher pitched voice of a girl said from behind him as she shoved past the much taller man.

"Poppy!" You nearly shouted, as you sat up, as fast as your frozen body could. Your arm burned and throbbed, as you attempted to use it to force your weight off the icy ground.

Poppy dropped down to her knees and drew you into an extremely tight hug.

"My arm!" You hollered, as the girl crushed your broken limb.

"Poppy, let me see her." Newt said calmly as he patted the girl's shoulder reassuringly.

Poppy stood up, and her eyes nearly spilled over with tears at the sight of her disheveled sister. Her pained yet relieved expression nearly drew you to tears along with her.

Newt knelt down in Poppy's stead and placed his hand on to your bright red cheek. The heat from his hand almost instantly made you feel better as it defrosted your cheek.

"What happened to you?" He whispered as his red rimmed, and worried eyes bore deeply into your own.

"You both need to leave." You whispered as you brought your broken hand to place over his lightly on your cheek.

"I'm not leaving you again." He said as his expression became even more grave.

"You have to. I need to do something."

"No. I'm not having it." Newt said as he flicked his eyes closed and drew your face into his own.

His lips moves against your's before you could really process what he was doing.  The kiss was seemingly desperate. Newt didn't want to let go or let you move away when you tried. Finally you took your good arm, and tapped on his back a few times to signal him to stop. He drew back enough to place his forehead on your own.

"I'm in love with you." He said in a rushed manner.

"I knew it the whole time!" Poppy cheered as she bounced slightly.

"Newt, I-" You began.

"You don't have to say it back. I already know. I've known for a while now." He said as he drew his hand back from your cheek and held your broken hand in his carefully.

"Poppy, you know a drying spell right?" You asked, as you peeled your eyes away from the man before you.

"Yeah, but I'm not supposed to use magic outside of school." The girl replied.

"Ravenclaws are known for reading the rules before they break them. I wasn't any different." You assured.

"What about your wand? Just use it." Poppy said, a bit confused.

Unwrapping your broken arm you held out your broken wand to the girl. Poppy only looked at it with wide, shocked eyes and took a step back. Newt inspected your arm with a slightly shaken expression. Your arm wasn't in good shape. A part of your bone made a massive bulge under your skin and in a few places you could see parts of the shattered bone trying to break through your skin. You nearly vomited at the sight it was so disgusting. Your own arm.

Poppy looked from your mutilated arm up to meet your eyes with a pleading look, as she only shook her head.

"I can't take that. You still need it. I have the amulet. If I hold your wand it could kill me." Poppy as she took another step back.

"Risks are meant to be taken." You said with a nod.

"M-mum and dad... they said that the three should never meet..." The girl tried to reason.

"Poppy you won't die. Mum and dad said that so we wouldn't lose them, or something... I need you to hold onto this while I'm here in the mountains." You said as you tryed to reason the girl once again.

"Your arm. You can't stay here." Poppy said as she pointed to your injury.

"Poppy, I've survived worse injuries. It will only be three days. I-"

"You're not staying here for three whole days. You need to see a healer." Newt said, as he gently ran his fingers over your slightly purplish black wrist.

"I'll see a healer after, just help me get dry, then leave. There's a few things I have to do here." You pleaded with Newt.

Poppy sighed heavily then drew her wand and made a distinct and complicated pattern with her wand. As she did so you could feel the freezing air around you turn warm and almost instantly dried out your clothes entirely. The girl then stepped forward with out hand out before her as to take something.

Newt looked between you and your sister in a confused shock for a moment before he realized what was happening.

"No. I'm not having it. You heard me before." He protested.

"Come on Newt. She'll figure things out. Just leave her be. It's only three days." Poppy said as she pulled on Newt's should for him to get up.

Just as Newt stood up you remembered Percy Kingston and his current condition. He wouldn't last three days. Then again, you wouldn't get this chance again. You needed to stay.

"Newt. You need to help this boy, Percy. He's an Obscurus and needs your help much more than I do." You said, in an almost shaking voice as he drew away from you.

"Whatever you want, love. Just be careful and be safe." Newt said as he stood next to Poppy. His lower lip wobbled as he fought back tears.

"Let's go. Don't be stupid, sis." Poppy said as she gently placed your wand into her jacket pocket.

Unwrapping her Ravenclaw scarf from her neck she threw it to you with an assuring yet slightly sad smile. Returning the gesture and placing the scarf around your shoulders, you watched as Newt used his magic to pull them back to London. Just before they disappeared from sight you could have sworn you saw a single tear fall down Newt's cheek.

She knew that you just needed a bit of time, she had known you longer than anyone. So many things had happened so quickly you hadn't a second to think about what you might be missing out this whole situation. There had to be a reason as to why after all these years the Scholar's Heart supporters were resurfacing. It surely wasn't the first time they had tryed to get you but it was never like this.

You could only truly trust Poppy. Her and Lake, the boy you remember spending so much time with during so much of your life. The boy turned man who had been nearly killed by your biological parents so long ago...

Please vote if you liked this chapter. I don't know why,  but recently I'm losing a lot of followers. So if you were one of them, I'm really sorry for whatever I did. ='[