Daddy's Little Girl...

Walking the night with my head hanging low, it drizzled rain. There was no light amongst me, not even the moon to guide me through the streets of downtown. I rubbed my arms as the ice cold rain dropped onto my skin. Goose bumps began to come about and that only caused me to halt rubbing my arms and fold them tight to keep some type of warmth that I know wouldn't help much. As my body grew colder by the second; being deprived of control of self, my teeth chattered as my body periodically shook.

I gazed down at the broken street as streams formed against the curbs; streams of water pouring down the storm drains, the sound was enough to make you scream. I continued my path as the street began to get darker. I finally held my head up to only see pitch black beyond me, almost a blind sight. My eyes couldn't adjust to this new found darkness. I stopped in my tracks as I sluggishly turned my head to only see pitch black behind me. I rubbed my eyes hoping for adjustment but it wasn't there. Everything I once barely saw, wasn't in eyesight any longer. My heart began to beat faster once my feet began moving on their own. I wasn't in control of myself and I could only be frightened with what was happening to me. I inched closer until I was inside of the darkness, blinded from everything. I shut my eyes again longing that once I opened them I could see. I opened them to nothing. The rain began to pour down on me as the wind blew hard. I began to hear the barely audible sound of thunder sounding from a distant.

The devil was getting ready to beat his wife...

I continued to walk and with that, I heard the small rocks meeting with my tennis shoes. My hair stuck to my face as the rain continued to pierce at my skin. The thunder inched up towards me and before it could sound, lightening lit up my pitch black path. Countless lifeless bodies lying on the unfrequent broken sidewalks along the street. I covered my mouth as it suddenly went pitch black. My heart began to beat rapidly. The thunder crackled and finally let off a loud clap. Enough to make you have an anxiety attack. Paranoia was beyond me.

As my feet continued to lead my way through the darkness, silence fell upon me. I felt the rain as well as the wind but I could not hear a thing. In so many words I was deaf and I began to panic. I took both my index fingers and dug them into my ears and moved them in a fast motion to unclog my ears but the only sound I could hear was my pulse beating rapidly at my eardrums. I began a silent prayer as my feet began to drag which caused me to close my eyes shut and continue. I suddenly felt a heavy weight weakening my body. My chest heaved up and down as my breathing was getting heavier. With each breath my walking became slower. I continued to pray aloud although I couldn't hear myself...

"The light of God surrounds me, The love of God enfolds me, The power of God protects me, The presence of God watches over me, Wherever I am, God is, And where God is, all is well."

Just as finished my prayer, I opened my eyes and I could see the red and blue flashing strobe lights at the end of the once pitch black street. I blinked twice and I could now hear the raindrops angrily meeting the broken concrete. I walked towards the lights and it only seemed like the closer I got, the further I was pushed back. I fought the sluggish walking and tried my best to speed up my walking. As I made it to the lights, from a distant I saw a variety of squad cars in front of Sina's home. A familiar Crown Victoria car stood out and I saw A.j, Devin, Juan and Eric outside of the home being put into the back of the cars. I saw that the police used a battering ram to bust into his home because the doors were off the hinges. I stood there and gazed at the scene as the police officers came outside of his home carrying bags of drugs and firearms. My heart must've immediately dropped to the pit of my stomach once I saw a handcuffed Sina walk out of the home with my father guiding him.