Survival Of The Fittest

Wearing a Hero Costume in a heavily crowded area was a very, very good method of making people get the hell out of your way. The Heroes were there to defend the people, to fight in the name of justice, and uphold the peace. The civilians of the world all agreed on one universal rule when it came to seeing a Hero moving through the streets – If you see them, and they're in a rush, you get the holy hell out of their way.

This knowledge made it very easy for Marinette, Juleka and Rose to avoid having to deal with huge crowds of people as they ran like crazy to reach a Hero Report Centre. These establishments were set up in multiple locations around the major cities of the world, so civilians would be able to report any incidents that they felt needed to be investigated by a Hero or relevant authorities. They were like Police Stations specifically for Heroes.

As Adrien had pointed out, just calling one of them up and explaining the situation wasn't going to be a very safe option, on the chance the kidnappers had some sort of system in place to inform them of if they had reported the crime. A Hearing Trait or some sort of hacking program – Whatever the chances, no matter how low they were, they weren't worth taking. Not when Chloe was being held by a group they knew nothing about, and couldn't predict their actions. Caution had to be used here.

Granted, the illegal use of their Hero Costumes and Traits was going to get them punished, no question... But it wasn't like they really could care at this point.

Because none of them were official Heroes, taking action against crime and Villainous acts were counted as acts of Vigilantism, and the use of Hero Costumes went under forgery and job fraud.

But they were in training to become Heroes. They might have hated Chloe, but no one in the Hero Course was prepared to just abandon her. She might be a pain in the neck at all times, and everyone wanted her to just shut up – But she was a classmates. No one would just leave her for dead.

Even Marinette.

"Turn the next corner! Left!" The blue haired girl heard Juleka call out from behind her. They had made their way to a crossroads that seemed to be dealing with the usual Parisian Rush hour, people going to and from work.

As they approached at their highest speeds, the crowds of people began to move aside, to get out of the way of the, what they perceived to be the professional, albeit young, Heroes, rushing off to fight whatever injustices were calling them out to battle against. Marinette skidded against the tarmac as she came to a running halt, before she pushed forward and began to keep running again. The speed at which she was moving was picking up, rapidly, as the managed to charge ahead of the two other classmates she was supposed to be running to the station with as a group, in order to have better chances if they were attacked.

That was all an act on Marinette's part though. Saying that she couldn't care less what happened to Chloe, an act. While she despised the blonde haired snob with her entire being, she wouldn't just leave her behind for dead. That wasn't the sort of person that she was. Even if Chloe did really deserve it at times, and as tempting as it was to just let her get the punishment that she was, quite frankly, due. Chloe was a classmate, and was training to become a Hero just like the rest of them.

She deserved to get her comeuppance, yes... But she didn't deserve this.

Saying that she did... That was to throw people off Marinette's trail. Make her the least likely suspect when Ladybug suddenly showed up to save Chloe. It was an outright lie. One to make people less likely to think it was her.

Rose and Juleka were capable fighters in their own right, and they looked after one another very well. They'd be fine if Marinette suddenly disappeared. Solid Shadow Strike and Cryokinesis were powerful Traits, and they knew how to use them with exceptional skill. The Heroes-in-Training Snowflake and Dusk were more than capable of handling any threats that came their way.