F i v e

A week later..

"Bye Alya, bye Nino, bye Adrien!" Marinette called, leaving the dorm with her suitcase. The three waved at her and called out their goodbyes as their friend shut the door.

"I miss her already." The blond haired boy sighed sadly, making Nino and Alya chuckle in reply.

"You love her, don't you?" The blogger smirked, making the poor boy blush.

"N-No, not right now for the very least. I still need to get over Ladybug while she needs to still get over Chat Noir." He briefly explained to Alya, making her squeal.

"I knew she loved Chat! Ooh, I can't wait to prove to her that she's wrong~!" She sang happily.

"Alya, you don't understand. She never got to formally say goodbye to him. I admit, I like him too, not in a love way, but he protected Marinette with his life. I believe she respects that and so do I." Adrien smiled slightly at the end of what he said.

"You do have a point," she paused and let out a small laugh of embarrassment. "Sorry about that."

"You're good." Adrien gave her a thumbs up of reassurance. "Now, who wants to have a movie night?"

"Us!" The couple shouted in sync, making the model softly chuckle to himself.

"Well, it's settled. Tomorrow, I'm gonna be out because I have a doctor's appointment. Therefore, let's make the most of tonight!" Adrien ran and grabbed the remote.

"Let's do this!" Nino grabbed a popcorn bag from a cabinet and shoved it into the microwave.

"You bet!" Alya chimed in, hopping onto the couch with a bowl of Oreos.

Adrien smiled at the excited couple and shut off the lights. "Let's get this movie started!"

——————————

"I wish upon a star that Chat would come." The bluenette seemingly prayed, standing on her balcony,  repeating that a couple of times.

"I wish upon a star that Chat—" she was interrupted by her mom peeking into her room.

"Honey, are you okay? Dinner is ready." Sabine smiled sweetly, but Marinette could tell she was concerned.

"I'm alright, Maman." She softly replied. "I'll be down in a second."

Sabine gave her a puzzled look, but shrugged, going back downstairs. Although, Marinette could hear her talking to her father.

The girl let out a loud, an almost defeated sigh. "Chat, please." She begged to the sky. "I just want to see you for one last time."

For a few minutes, there was complete silence. An unbearable one at that, making Marinette break down into a waterfall of tears.

"I'll do anything to have you come back! I don't want our identities to be a secret anymore! In fact, I'll spill my identity when I have the chance! I just want to see you again!" She cried out into the night, attempting to cover her obnoxious sobs with her hands.

Marinette dropped down onto her knees, burying her face in her hands. Her mother poked her head into her room once again.

"Honey, are you sure you're alright?" Sabine's concerned expression revealed her mother's precise emotions.

Her daughter sniffled, replying with, "Y-Yes, I promise I'll be down in a second."

Sabine felt somewhat a bit reassured, heading back down the stairs for a second time. Marinette rose from her knees, staring back into the night.

Suddenly, the girl saw a black kitten appear on her balcony railing. The kitten let out a meow, but she couldn't stand to look at it.

"No.. get away. I want the real Chat back!" Marinette sprinted towards her trapdoor and slammed it shut. (A/N: Poor kitten!)

She let out a relieved sigh, tiptoeing down the stairs, and into the kitchen. She could tell her parents were in a deep conversation, so she quietly sat at the table, beginning to eat.

It wasn't long until Sabine noticed she was there. "Oh, hey, Sweetie. I'm glad to see you're doing okay, how's college going?"

"Well, I'm staying with Adrien." Marinette couldn't help but smile when she mentioned his name.

Sabine and her father, Tom, raised an eyebrow and smiled. Their daughter shook her head, letting out a small laugh and saying, "No, not like that."

Maybe, just maybe, we could be like that. Only if I get to see Chat one last time.