Chapter 51

Ceaser stuck to her like glue, not leaving her side when they said hello to everyone at the rehearsal dinner with Ivy in his arms.

Ceaser's family, Xavier, Alex and Jake from his side and Andy, Sofi and her aunt's family from her side. She squeezed his hand when they approached her aunt.

"Breathe." He whispered into her ear as they walked to her aunt a smile plastered on her face.

"Hello, Aunt Maddy." Jules smiled as she hugged her aunt wanting to break her head and run out of the restaurant screaming cold murder.

"Jules." Jules almost cringed at her valley girl accent as she smiled at her cousins who didn't even bother to return the gesture.

"This is my fiancé, Ceaser Thompson."

Her aunt and cousins snapped their gaze to Ceaser.

"Hello, Mrs. Miller." Ceaser shook her hand "It's nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you and your family."

Maddy smiled but her Botox filled face made it look creepy.
"Oh, I hope all nice things." She said

"Oh...all that there were and then some." Ceaser smiled his weakening smile and Jules noticed the looks Ira and Ida were giving him.

"Well, what can I say." Maddy said, "I just love her."

Jules smiled at her.

"Who's this cutie?" She asked

"This is Ivy." Jules said "My daughter."

"Daughter?!" Maddy said in horror but quickly covered it with a smile.

"Yes." Jules said adding nothing more.
Let her think what she wanted to.

"Oh." She looked at Ira and Ida.

"I'm sorry I couldn't meet up when you arrived, I was really busy."

"As expected." She snapped at her and smiled at Ceaser "I mean with all the wedding preparations."

"Well, I'm glad you could make it for the wedding." Jules said, "It means a lot to Ceaser and I."

"Yea well, with your parents gone I didn't have a choice."

Jules felt her heart being squeezed as Ceaser grip tightened on her waist.

"We'll see you later." Ceaser said, "We have a few more people to say hello to."

Maddy smiled at him
"Of course."

Ceaser pulled Jules away and walked to a secluded place in the restaurant.

"Hey." He lifted her chin "Are you ok?"

Jules swallowed and nodded
"I'm fine." She said, "It's Aunt Maddy, I shouldn't expect less."

"She is one mean Woman." He said and she smiled

"Well, let's see what you think when she isn't being nice."

"Nice?" Ceaser asked, "That was her being nice?"

Jules almost laughed.
"Yeah." She said, "Apparently they are charmed by your good looks and sweet talk."

"Is that the reason why you're marrying me Ms. Jules Jenna?" he pulled her closer to him and she wrapped one arm around his neck as Ivy was in his other arm.

"Pretty much." She smiled

"Well then," He said, "looks like I'd have a lot of wooing to do after we're married."

Jules blushed and Ivy interrupted them when she leapt into Jules' arms.

Dessert was served and everyone was having a good time. Jules loved the arrangement as she didn't have to be close to her aunt and her cousins. Everyone loved Ivy except the unmentioned people. She had a special seat between her and Ceaser which she loved because she never looked up once except when she being fed.

"Jules?"

Jules looked up to find her aunt beside her, no one paying attention to them.
"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you?" She asked

"O-of course." She said waiting

"At the back." Her aunt said before she walked away.

Jules sighed
"I'll be back in a while." She said to Ceaser before she got up and left.

She met her aunt on the other side of the restaurant.
"Everything alright?" She asked

"No! Nothing is alright." Her aunt snapped back to her usual self

And the devil was revealed.
"What's wrong?" Jules asked.

"You." Maddy said, "You are embarrassing me and your cousins."

Jules frowned.
"I don't understand."

"All of this." She said, "You're marrying that man for what exactly?"

"I love Ceaser."

"Honey, you don't have to lie to me." She said, "You have a child, you need money to survive."

"I work." Jules said, getting angry at what she was insinuating "My salary is more than enough for Ivy and me."

"Oh, Jules." Maddy patted her "What you're doing isn't right. That man is too good for you. Your parents would be disappointed in you. They are probably rolling in their graves."

Jules slapped her hand away from her.
"Don't!"

Ceaser walked in then having heard everything.
"Madeline..."

"I've got this Ceaser." Jules stopped him before she looked at her aunt "I respect you aunt Maddy but you have no right to show up here and judge me or talk about my parents. I have had it up till here with you and your negativity, I wanted you here because you're the only family I have left but if you have nothing better than to do than be happy for me, then I suggest you leave as soon as you can and not attend the wedding." Jules sighed before she walked away back to the table.

"Are you ok honey?" Selene asked her with a frown

Jules smiled at her.
"I will be."

Selene was a much better family than her aunt had ever been or will ever be.

Ceaser looked at Jules' aunt after Jules walked away.
"Pretty much everything she said." He said "Also I don't like you showing up here and giving her a hard time. You either stay for the wedding and be happy for her or you leave right away. I like option two better." He took a step towards her "If I find that you said something to the woman I love again, you'd be sorry you came here."

Ceaser stared her down for a moment before he left her standing there alone. He joined Jules at the table and looked at her to check if she was fine.

Jules turned to him and he smiled at her and it took her a moment before she returned his smile. He sighed and pulled her in and kissed her forehead then pulled back to look at her.

"You know how much I love you, right?"

Jules nodded.
"I know." She said, "I love you just as much."

He smiled and leaned down and kissed her. They were interrupted a moment later when everyone began to cheer, whistle and hoot. They pulled away laughing.

So, it hadn't ended terribly
Jules thought.

She was lucky to have Ceaser.