1

If anything, Natalia Schulter was smart. As well as cunning and imaginative. She could do anything any other Jedi could, for a nine-year-old, she had the mind of a Jedi Master. Recently she had been assigned to Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The three had been assigned by the Supreme Chancellor himself to negotiate with the Trade Federation to lift their blockade over her home planet, Naboo.

The 'negotiations' were the easy part.

As usual, the Trade Federation sabotaged the three Jedi and had three battle droids attack them. "I'm beginning to think this was a trap," Natalia said while slicing a battle droid. "It's beginning to look like it," Obi-Wan added.

The three Jedi escaped the room and ran and into the hall. Suddenly gas filled the hall, "Poison gas!" Qui-Gon yelled, "Get your re-breathers!". Natalia and Obi-Wan did as he instructed. They left the hall and continued their search for the slimy Separatist Nute Gunray.

The blast doors shut in front of them and Qui-Gon and Natalia started working on the door with their lightsabers with Obi-Wan behind them, keeping watch. Suddenly there was a rolling sound behind them and Obi-Wan started shouting, "Master! Rollers incoming!".

"Master, they're ray shielded. There's no way we'll destroy them. We need to leave!" Natalia shouted, the other two Jedi agreed and they ran to a vent opening and jumped up into the ventilation system. Soon they appeared over the main hangar, where tons of battle droids were marching around.

"I've got this," Natalia said, about to jump out of the vent. "Natalia, no. you can't fight them alone. There are too many." Qui-Gon said. But Natalia shook her head.

"I didn't say anything about fighting. Trust me Master." Natalia pleaded. Finally, Qui-Gon let her go but still kept a close eye on her.

She jumped silently near a bunch of boxes, then she started running towards the droids in a panic. "Help! Help! Two Jedi just attacked my family." Natalia screamed.

"Hold on right there." The droid instructed, "What happened?" It said blandly. "Two laser sword wielding maniacs just ran up and waved their swords at us. We tried to run but they just chased us. They ran off that way!" Natalia yelled while pointing down a hallway.

"Okay, we'll go deal with the Jedi." It said while waving at the other droids to follow. Soon, the hangar was empty. Natalia waved the other two Jedi to come down. "You continue to impress young one." Obi-Wan said, "I'd be proud to have you as my Padawan.".

Natalia smiled at the thought of Obi-Wan as her master. She did particularly like him like he was a big brother to her. The three boarded the ship and got to the surface of Naboo.

They left the ship and were immediately met with fleeing animals. "Master, look over there," Natalia said while pointing toward the horizon. Where she was pointing was a Separatist droid tank, about to flatten the forest.

"Master! Run!" Obi-Wan yelled. The three jumped into a sprint, trying to run from the droids. But it was no use, the tank was catching up quickly.

So Natalia used the Force to push the two older Jedi to the ground, just in time for the tanks to barrel over them. Natalia noticed a Gungan about to be flattened, she ran to the Gungan and tackled him, literally seconds before the tank went over them.

Natalia got up to meet up with the other two Jedi but was stopped. "Yousa saved my life!" The Gungan yelled. "Okay... Yeah I know, I must go. Go home." Natalia said while plugging her ears.

"Mesa stay! Mesa owe you my life!" It said, so Natalia brought out her lightsaber and pierced his chest with it. Instantly killing it. "Natalia what was that for?!" Obi-Wan yelled, "He was trying to kill me, he wrapped his grubby hands around my neck." Natalia lied.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan stared at the body of the Gungan and Natalia. "Well, as long as you're okay, let's go," Qui-Gon said while continuing to walk.

'Where are we going, Master?" Natalia asked, "We're going to the palace to rescue the queen. Look, there's a speeder right there. We'll be there in no time." Qui-Gon said while pointing at a speeder.

The three went onto the speeder. In a few minutes they were at the palace, they saw the queen being marched by battle droids, with her crew by her side.

"Come on, we must rescue her," Natalia said, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan agreed and jumped off of the platform they were hiding on, Natalia following closely.

Natalia destroyed the droids surrounding them and went to the queen. "Your highness." She said while bowing, but instead of bowing to her, the queen pulled Natalia into a hug, "I'm so glad you're safe Nat. My little Jedi." She said happily, the queen was only five years older than her but they were like sisters, they knew each other very well.

"Padmé. Are you alright?" Natalia asked, Padmé nodded and let her go. "Yes, I'm fine for now. I still miss your mother. She was one of the best senators this planet has ever seen." Padmé said Natalia nodded.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had backed off to let Natalia and Padmé have a moment.

"Padmé come with us to Coruscant." Natalia said suddenly, but Padmé shook her head, "I cannot leave my people in a time like this!" Padmé said sadly, but Natalia wouldn't have it.

"We came to Naboo to rescue you. You can help your people by going to Coruscant and seeking Republic aide." Natalia insisted. Eventually, Padmé gave in. "I guess you're right, Natalia. I need to do anything to save these innocent people." Padmé agreed.

"Okay, let's go," Natalia said while running to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. "She's coming to Coruscant." She told them, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon nodded and lead them to the hangar.

"Natalia, go free those prisoners while I get the queen onto this ship," Qui-Gon instructed as he ran onto the Naboo transport. Natalia sliced the droids surrounding the pilot and his crew and ran back to the transport.

The pilot automatically went into the cockpit and the ship went in the air.

"To Coruscant."

(A.N. the media above is nine-year-old Natalia Schulter.)