»part 3 » toot toot

YOU AND I
part 3 » "lets get this over with, i need a drink..."

     The addict haunted my dreams again

This time she was laughing, the sound was like a cackle. She sounded like a wheezy toy with no air in her lungs but she continued to laugh. She was laughing in my face, like she knew something I didn't. It was dark and all you could see was the paleness of her skin lighting up the room.

It's like she's getting closer. In the beginning, she was so far away but with each passing day she gets closer. She's getting closer until she's ready pounce.

I'm her prey.

I think my fight with Lip last night caused her to wake from her sleep. I don't know what it is about that kid but he makes me feel anxious. And anxious Cash is a no no. Anxious feelings is what the addict likes, she feeds on it. It's best to ignore that feeling as best as possible.

I woke in a sweat, as always, drowned in the stench of Frank's bad BO and booze stench. But hey, at least it's a bed right? I haven't slept in a bed in years. It's usually a couch or a floor so for this I'm grateful. Thank you, fucked up Frank.

I calmed down a little as I made my way to the bathroom and remembered that today was Saturday's. Saturday's were usually my best days.

"Too slow!" Carl said as he pushed past me and slammed the bathroom door. Damn kid. I should have known better though. The bathroom situation here was like a constant showdown. With six people living here, it was like a fight-or-die trying race.

I stood there before Lip shoved past me without saying a thing or even giving me a look.

"Excuse you." I shot back as he made his way downstairs without a single glance. I guess it's that kind of day.

This is how our relationship usually works. It's either us yelling at each other or us giving the deadly silent treatment. Usually after we get into an argument we'll go days without speaking to each other with nothing but scary dagger stares. I like it better when we're fighting though because at least we're acknowledging the others existence. The silent treatment is killer. But I am stubborn as hell and I would never tell him how much it bugged me. No, I'd rather kiss Frank than tell him how I really feel. And Frank disgusts me so that's pretty bad.

"What's up, pudding cup?" I asked as I jumped on the edge of Ian's bed, waking him from his slumber.

He answered with a grunt and simply pulled the blankets over his head.

"That's not an answer." I said as I continued to jump and yanked the blanket from his grip.

Out of all the Gallagher's, Ian was the one I loved dearest. He always laughed at my jokes and asked if I was okay. Fiona was usually too busy to notice and Debs and Carl were too young to care. Liam was, you know, a baby, and Lip, well he's a baby too. Fuck Lip. Ian was a true friend. My only friend if I'm being honest.