Chapter Five: Home

“I’m not sleeping on the couch!” Axel yelled, throwing the pillow I gave him on the floor.

“There’s your car, you can sleep there,” I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest, “You’re on the couch, take it or leave it.”

He glared at me with all his might before he walked around me. This jerk would be the end of me.

“And where in the hell are you going?” I screeched, following him as he marched up the stairs.

“One of your freaking guest rooms!”

My eye twitched in annoyance and I grabbed his hand, stopping him from his tracks, “Don’t you dare go inside one of those rooms without my permission.”

He jerked of my hand off and continued to walk further.

“Damn you Axel Brooks!” I screamed but he didn’t even flinched, he just kept going and opened one of the doors. Once he was sure it wasn’t occupied, he gave me the finger and got in, slamming the door.

Just as he disappeared from my sight, Adam’s door opened and he poked his head out. It was clear that he was sleeping and now, he’s rubbing his eyes as he stared at me with curiosity.

“Sorry if I woke you up,” I apologized sincerely.

He shook his head and waved it off, “You want to come in and talk?”

The idea of him and me in the same room doesn’t bother me anymore. Heck, we were sleeping in the same house up until these three intruders came in. I walked to the inside of his room and plopped down on his bed, letting out a frustrated sigh.

“I hate him!” I exclaimed, punching the pillow next to me.

“You don’t say,” he droned out sarcastically, “I’m curious though, why do you two despise each other so much?”

My eyes lingered to the slightly open door as if I was expecting that Axel would be there. I fell down on my back on the soft mattress and said, “He’s stiff competition and he does nothing but get on my nerves.”

He shook his head on my vague reply and sat down on the bed next to my laying figure, “I can see you in him, to be completely honest. He’s like the guy version of you.”

I scowled and turned my body away from him. Everybody was saying that I was the girl version of him. I don’t see why though, we were nothing of the same.

“I have an interview with him tomorrow, will you come with?”

“I’ll follow you till the ends of the earth!” he announced playfully, standing up on the bed with a full grin on his face.

Seeing his antics, I stood up on the bed as well and placed my hands on my hips, “Then let’s go, my knight.”

“As you wish, my princess,” he bowed down and I couldn’t help but laugh, my anger caused by Axel already disappearing into thin air.

*

*

*

“The eggs are overcooked, the bread is not toasted enough, and my coffee doesn’t have enough sugar…” Axel listed on and on about the flaws in the breakfast I prepared for him.

I was about to snap at him but Taylor gave me a warning look, seeing how my temper was already thinning. She wagged a finger to tell me to let it go as she sipped on her coffee, eyeing my every move.

“How about you prepare the food?” I challenged him, my anger was visible in my voice.

“Please, I can cook a gourmet dinner when you can’t even prepare simple eggs and toast,” he scoffed.