ten

||•10•||

"what the fuck." jimin's mouth hung open, the cup he was holding falling to the ground, its contents spilling out on the floor.

the two figures whipped their heads toward jimin, looking unfazed at all.

"see you tomorrow babe." the girl with bright red hair, wearing clothes that showed too much of her skin, got off yoongi's lap, and left but not before giving yoongi one quick peck.

the girl walked pass jimin like he was not there and it irked him even more.

"i'm assuming our date is off?" yoongi walked up to jimin as though he did nothing wrong as he wiped of the lipstick stain on his lips.

"how could you?" jimin asked, his voice low and hurt.

the blonde haired boy let out a chuckle, finding jimin's reaction to be rather amusing. "what do you mean? it's not like you're my boyfriend."

"but i thought--"

"yeah, i asked you out to prom. what does that have anything do with who i'm fucking?"

the blondie rested his hands on jimin's shoulders, moving his face extremely close to the shorter male.

"i mean think of it this way, i was merely checking my options."

jimin's sadness quickly turned into anger, his expression twisting into a scowl. "you are a fucking asshole!" he said, shoving yoongi's arm off his shoulder.

"so i've been told."

***

sure he and yoongi have never even dated and they never were a thing but jimin felt heartbroken. he kept reminding himself that it was just a petty crush that he has harbored for almost a year but still, he was hurt. or maybe it was his pride.

he was all excited and giddy for the prom and now it all just came crashing down. he finished picking what he would wear, thought of how he should act, he even practiced what he'd say for fuck's sake.

he doesn't know if it was because of betrayal or frustration or hurt but his tears continued to spill.

ah! jimin! you are not some emotional school girl. why cry over a stupid thing like this?!

he was drenched, the rain drops pouring down on him like small rocks.

pushing his feet against the ground a lot harder, the swing, swung back, taking him up.

fcking min yoongi, playing with my feelings.

"oi kid!"

as soon as he heard the familiar voice, jimin immediately stopped the swing, planting his feet on the ground and turning his head to the right. there, he saw jungkook, looking down at him with a black umbrella on his hand, sheltering himself from the rain.

"kid? you're the fucking fetus here!"

jungkook rolled his eyes. "says the guy who is playing on the swing."

"ye--"

"we were looking everywhere for you. taehyung couldn't pick up your scent because of the rain." the younger frowned at jimin's soaked appearance.

this idiot will get a fucking cold.

jimin glanced at his, fortunately waterproof watch, surprised at the time. "wait! is it already this late?!"

"yea, yea, so i suggest we go home." jungkook said, putting down the umbrella that he brought.

jimin jumped from the swing, quickly holding the umbrella back up. "idiot! what the--do you want to get wet?!" he shrieked at jungkook's nonsensical action.

"psh, i was bringing this because i thought you were just waiting for the rain to settle down." jungkook brought it back down, closing it up despite jimin's face that showed disapproval.

"i guess it can't serve it's purpose now." he continued as rain started to soak his hair and seep into his clothes, making it heavy.

"but why get yourself wet as well?! you could get a cold."

"if we can't be dry together then there's really no point."

"i don't understand your logic."

"you don't have to." jungkook smiled and jimin was slightly taken aback. jungkook RARELY smiles but when he does, it could stop wars, cure cancer, and light up galaxies. the boy's smile is one of the most beautiful things in the world. for jimin, that is.

the corner of his eyes crinkle and his bunny teeth pokes out adorably.

jungkook hand slipped along jimin's, interwining their hands. jimin looked up at jungkook, a blush blossoming on his cheeks.

jungkook laughed, confusing jimin a bit.

"what?"

"i--pfftt.. hahaha i didn't know your hands were so tiny!" the younger teased, playing at jimin's short fingers.

"yah! jungkook!"

"are you sure you're my hyung?" jungkook backed away a bit, knowing what was coming for him.

the raven haired boy glared at other, hands balling up into a small fist.

"kids shouldn't be sulking about their crush." jungkook shouted, running behind the obstacles in the playground.

"jungkook!" jimin shouted, doing a quick dash to catch up to him. they were running around the place, going from one obstacle to another, shoes splashing against the mud.

jimin was finally able to tackle jungkook on the ground after who knows how long. it was difficult catching up to someone who clearly had longer legs than him.

"ahhh, i got caught." the younger said, back laying flat on the ground with jimin on top of him, their clothes now stained with mud.

"i swear to god your-- wait." jimin said, seeming to have realized something.

"what?" jungkook asked, arching his eyebrows, circling his arms around jimin's waist by instict.

"don't you hate getting wet?"

"i do."

"then why don't you look like it?" as a matter of fact, jungkook seemed like he was enjoying himself.

"because i'm with you."

jimin could feel his cheeks burn up for the second time today, his heart beat drumming against his chest. he didn't know what to say.

jungkook's innocent face twisted into an annoyingly devilish expression. "hah! syke! did you actually though that'd i say that kind of crap?" the younger cackled.

"you little shit." jimin seethed, pressing jungkook harder against the ground.

"little? pffftt- hahahaha, are you sure i'm the 'little' one here?"

"you're seri-- poof!"

jimin smirked, an evil smirk as he took a hold of the tiny kitten.

"who's little now?"

"meow."