Chapter 26: Facing the devil

(Excuse the errors as I typed on the phone) and I would like to dedicate this chapter to @kpiza944 for the amazing comments and support.

Sarah's P.O.V

" Actually, no I didn't." I replied boldly. Honestly, where was all this courage coming from. I looked at his grey stormy eyes, oops wrong move. My legs felt like jelly and like as if they were about to melt at any moment. He looked surprised. That was normal even I was surprised of myself. He swirled me and then took me by my waist again. We locked eyes and he whispered, " You look great."
I blinked a couple of times. It wasn't easy ok!!! Especially, when you are not completely over him and when he compliments you which he had never done. Ever. Period.

I smiled. I couldn't help it. I felt like I could kick myself for smiling but...there are somethings you can't do for instance make this rock hearted businessman called Keith fall in love with you. I still wouldn't totally buy that he found me attractive. I hated my self esteem issues. We kept dancing to the soft beat and then he asked, " Who is he?"
"Why should I tell you? "
" Why? Because I'm your husband. I didn't sign that divorce yet."
My heart skipped a beat. Maybe he wanted to give us a chance. "Oh yeah? Why didn't you?"
" I told you before didn't I? I'll get rid of you eye I'm fine with you!"
I didn't wait for another second I pulled my hands out of his and landed a hard slap on his face. His left cheek was glowing red.

He wasn't done with me yet????? I had enough bruises for a lifetime. I didn't want him in my life anymore. That's why had taken that rash decision to prove my point. Everyone around us stopped dancing to see what was happening. He looked embarrassed. His face was fallen. For a second, I was going to hold it in my hands and apologize repeatedly but before I could the more rational part of my brain told me not as I shouldn't bend to his will anymore.

I could see Jeremy's face in the crowd. He mouthed the word, 'Run'. That was enough for me. I picked up my skirt in my hands and dashed out to the entrance. Which was a big mistake as dozens of camera flashes lit on my face blinding me. It sucks being important. At times. I was yanked away by someone. I guess it was Jeremy. I couldn't see properly. I was pushed into a car with a driver in it. Before getting in, I squinted my eyes to take a look at my savior and once I realized who it was my eyes grew wide. Keith. Jeremy was the one who was supposed to save me.
But why??

He answers the question on my mind.
" People would call you a slut if you are married to me and left his karts with another man, that's why I spoke to your friend to let me come after you."
What the hell?
He cared for me after I slapped him? This was too much to take in one day. I looked at sharply in the eye and said, "Slap me back. I know I want to."

He shook his head. "Just get in and hi wherever you live now."

I didn't want to argue. I got in and shut the door and watched him fade away from my view.