Chapter Twenty-Three

Hey everyone! I'm sorry this took so long but it's the holidays so I've been with family. Happy new year! I wish you all the best. Thank you to all of you that are loyal readers, I appreciate you. I just noticed the other day and I've got 2k reads on this story! I'm extremely happy thank you guys! I'd also like to mention how helpful it is to read your comments so those of you that have or have been thinking about it, keep it coming! It makes me feel like you guys really care(: anyways, enjoy! COMMENT!!

xoxo
_____________________

Delia
.
.
.
"For those of you that haven't taken Polyjuice potion before, fair warning. It tastes like goblin piss." Mad-Eye said, walking towards Fred and George. I chuckled to myself and looked at Hermione, a small smile on her lips.
"Have a lot of experiences with that, do you Mad-Eye?" one of the twins said. I couldn't tell which because frankly I didn't know them well enough to tell them apart and they'd enjoyed confusing me over the summer as well. Once they'd passed the Polyjuice Potion down, I stared at Harry. Focusing on changing my appearance, I closed my eyes in concentration. Opening my eyes, I couldn't see and I guessed it was because of Harry's eyesight I'd inherited.
"Harry, your eyesight really is awful." Hermione said, putting on a pair of glasses. Curiously we still had our own voices but just looked like Harry. I finished changing by putting on the jacket we'd all have to wear and Mad-Eye said we'd each have a protector except, since there were too many of us, Mr. Weasley would have Fred and I both. Ron handed me a broom and we walked outside, lining up next to our assigned "protectors."
"Head for the Burrows. We'll rendezvous there." Mad-Eye said standing astute in front of us with his staff in hand.
"One."
"Two." I adjusted my grip on the broom, my hands sweaty. I took a deep breath and Fred looked at me reassuringly.
"Three!" Everyone took off and I was shocked at the speed of the broom. Truthfully I hadn't spent much time flying on a broom, but Ron had tried his best to teach me how over the summer. I followed Fred who was a good fifteen feet ahead of me with Mr. Weasley to my right, only a couple feet ahead. The wind whipped against me and I saw what looked to be lightening up ahead among the dark clouds.
"Stay close to me, kids!" Mr. Weasley shouted as we ascended further towards the flashes of light. As soon as we were among those clouds it became clear that it wasn't lightening. It was spells being cast. I saw Tonks sending a defensive spell towards what I assumed was a Death Eater. My heart pounded in my chest as I continued to follow Fred. Suddenly, a jet of green light came into my peripheral view and I blocked it. Barely.
"Delia watch out!" Hermione shouted somewhere behind me. I turned to look just as a Death Eater gained on me. Propelling the broom forward, I tried my best to lose him. I made a hard stop, twisting the broom around.
"Stupefy!" My spell hit the Death Eater square in the chest, knocking him off his broom. I watched in disbelief as his figure fell down below the clouds. I pressed my lips together and looked for any sign of Fred or Mr. Weasley. Two Death Eaters were gaining on Fred and I shot towards him.
"Expelliarmus!" The Death Eater dodged my spell easily and I followed closely behind him. The clouds were dark, not allowing anyone to see where they were. I couldn't tell which direction we were going and it scared me.
"Lets go!" Mr. Weasley shouted and I nodded, dodging past Death Eaters. Fred followed and after a while, the Burrows came into view. I let out a breath of relief, thankful to be safe.
"Are we the last ones back? Where's George?" Mr. Weasley asked, getting off his broom. I noticed Lupin's pained expression and knew something was wrong. Mr. Weasley rushed inside and I looked for Harry, Ron and Hermione. I ran to Harry, tackling him in a tight hug.
"Thank god you're alright, Harry. That was by far the scariest thing I've witnessed."
"Yeah. I suppose we're lucky. Mad-Eye's dead." I frowned and put my hand on his shoulder. We headed inside where I learned George's ear had been cursed off.
.
.
.
I woke up the following morning with a knot in my neck. I rubbed it and walked to the bathroom with my outfit for the wedding. I'd never been to a wedding before and given what happened yesterday, it was nice to forget for awhile. The lavender dress I'd picked out was a nice shade in contrast to my red hair. After the day passed on, I decided to get dressed. I put on the pearl necklace that belonged to my mother and looked at myself in the mirror. I bit my lip and touched the necklace. I hadn't thought about my mother in quite some time...or my father. She'd loved to have seen me like this. I shook my head and wiped my eyes, stepping into my heels. As I was buckling the strap, memories from the night of Slughorn's Christmas party flooded in. Draco's lips against my neck, his hot breath making goosebumps rise on my skin. I touched where he'd left the hickey on me that night as a shaky breath left my lips. I could almost smell the faint odor of peppermint in that moment.
"Delia, can you help me?" Hermione asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah, sorry. What is it?"
"I'm just not sure what to do with my hair."
"Oh yeah, um, I could curl it for you. Soft curls though."
"Yeah that's what I was thinking." I smiled and sat her down to curl her hair.

The wedding was sweet and I could tell Bill and Fleur were mad for each other. Although it was a joyous celebration, I couldn't help but feel sour. Love was a beautiful thing without a doubt, but it hurt like hell too. They were lucky to have found each other. Things would've been perfect if Draco had just.... I sighed and looked on as everyone danced.
"C'mon, you! Let's dance." Ginny pulled me on the dance floor and I laughed. I wasn't particularly gifted with dancing abilities but I tried my best. Suddenly a blue ball of light came through the tent.
"The Ministry has fallen. The minister of magic is dead." My breath hitched in my throats and I looked at Ginny.
"They are coming. They are coming." Chaos broke out in the tent as I looked around for Harry, Ron and Hermione. I spotted Ron and tugged Ginny towards him. Just then, black figures crashed through the tent. Death Eaters.
"Ginny, your wand!" I rushed out, taking out my own which I'd conveniently placed in the band of my bra. Spells were being cast left and right but one Death Eater decided to cast some towards Ginny. Sending a spell his way, Ginny and I tried to disarm him with little luck. Finally, Ginny got him and I looked around at the others. Harry was making his way towards us.
"Ginny!"
"Go!" Lupin shoved him towards Hermione and Ron trying to get him to leave to safety. Harry met my gaze and I gave him a nod.
"Be safe." I mouthed and he nodded back, disapparating shortly thereafter. I must've been looking away for too long because I shot back from the force of a spell hitting me in the back. I flew into a table nearby, hitting my head. I could hear the glass crunching under me but my vision was cloudy. I saw Lupin in front of me and tried to talk but nothing came out.
"I've got you. Stay with me." I nodded just before I lost consciousness.