Chapter 15: "Sleeping arrangement"

Chapter 15: "Sleeping Arrangement"

The party was in full swing after we were finished signing the contract. It was a formal event which was being held in an ostentatiously decorated hall. Waiters were going around serving us small appetizers which were absolutely delectable. The party mainly consisted of all the members of Hamilton industry and their families.

Asher and I gracefully greeted these guests, accepting their congratulations wholeheartedly. The highlight of the evening was Asher who was looking handsome in a black tux, his disheveled hair went well with the look. Every time he would smile at the guests his green eyes held a glint and that dimple would appear on his cheeks, making my heart flutter.

But of course I tried to ignore that. Seemed like he loved the dress so much that he would occasionally drop compliments and his hands were always placed on the small of my back, distractedly playing with my hair. The minimal of contact would send electricity skating down my spine.

"You are Armelle, right?" A beautiful elderly woman approached me.

"Yes?" I didn't exactly recognize her.

"I am Darcia, Paul's wife, congratulations on winning the contract." She took my hand in hers and shook it.

"Thank you, Mrs. Hamilton." I said gratefully.

"You are a beautiful young woman. Mr. Asher is lucky." She complimented, her lips quirking up to a smile.

"Thank you. I think you are beautiful too."I said candidly. Mrs. Hamilton was actually gorgeous. She was wearing a simple white gown and her golden locks of hair were clipped in a bun. She had flawless skin with bright blue eyes.

She thanked me. We got along pretty well. She asked me about myself, how Asher and I met. Last night, Asher and I sat together to make up are pretentious love story since we figured someone was bound to ask us about it.

"I have been working for him for quite a while at the Jones Enterprise. One day he decided to drop me home after work. I ended up inviting him for coffee out of courtesy, then we stayed up talking all night. Eight months later he proposed to me in front of Times Square." I answered dreamily.

"That is adorable! Paul and I met each other in high school. From then on, we have been inseparable." Darcia said, her eyes lost in a trance as if she was reminiscing.

"He was quite good looking back then. Every girl in our class had their eyes on him, but he had his eyes on me only. But I turned him down the first time," she giggled, "then our mutual friend set us up. Turns out he wasn't that bad."

I was really touched by their story.

Paul mused, "Ah Armelle looks like you have met my lovely wife here." Approaching us, he kissed her forehead wrapping his arms around her. After all these years it was evident they were very much in love. I hoped to share that kind of love with someone special, at that thought my eyes landed on Asher who stood beside me placing his hand on the small of my back. It actually felt like we were dating, I could get used to this, I thought. But I immediately shook that thought off.

"You guys seem to be getting along well." Asher said.

"Yes, Armelle is an amazing girl. You are a lucky man." Darcia said.

"I know." He placed a chaste kiss on my cheek, the familiar electricity skating down my spine even from this brief contact.

"Where are you guys staying over?" Darcia asked.

"At our hotel, love." Paul replied for Asher and I.

"You guys should stay with us for the rest of the week you are here. I would love to have you over. In that way we would get to know each other better." Darcia suggested.