Ending #2 (EJ)

I stared at her for hours. My tears ceased long ago as I fiddled with her ring around my fingers. You see, after she nearly drowned for my life, I dived in and helped her to a hospital. Apparently, she took a hard hit to the head by the broken blocks of ice that cracked beneath her and doctors can't decide when she'll wake up. She has no concussion though, which is a good thing. She is currently in a hospital dress with sheets up to her shoulders while I am in a white long sleeved shirt and cargo pants. I still have my gem on me which helps me a lot. Her heart monitor and breathing is the only indications I have of her still being alive and it's killing me that I haven't been able to hear her voice yet. Of course, I'm the one to blame. It's all my fault for not protecting the ones I love. That should be me on the hospital bed, not her... Never her...

Someone knocked on the closed door before opeing the door and coming inside. It's the doctor. He went to her side and began checking basic things to make sure she's okay and doesn't need another bandage change. Yeah her head's wrapped up in bandages because it was bleeding profusely. "How is she?" I croaked out, only to cough up my raspy throat. The doctor gave me a sad smile and explained the situation, "The good news is that as soon as she wakes up, she'll be able to leave two days after depending when she wakes up." He stayed awkwardly silent before I gestured with my hand for him to continue. "The bad news..." He sighed, "The bad news is that there's an estimated 80% of amnesia and the worse part is it isn't retrievable." My breathing literally hitched. My eyes went wide in fear as my heart raced. New tears began surfacing up in my eyes. I stood up from beside her and stared him dead in the eyes... My baby has to be okay... "Please... Please tell me that was a joke. Laugh out loud and say you were joking right now. Please!" The desperation was there, clear in my raspy voice. She'll be okay, she'll be okay, she'll be- "I'm sorry, sir. This isn't a laughing matter..." The doctor mumbled. I didn't know what to do anymore. The ring I had clenched tight in my hand, fell to the ground with a clank. He looked at it before a look of surprise fell on his features. "You were going to propose..." Were his mumbled words. Yes, yes I was. Too late now... My eyes were waterworks of despair and pain. I can't do anything though. She has to fight this. She HAS to be okay... She has to remember... She has to...

With all I could muster, I pointed to the open door and whispered as loud as I could, "Get the hell out... Just please... Leave me alone!" He nodded his head in understanding and left immediately, shutting the door behind him. Once his footsteps left the hall, I collapsed onto the ground. My head burned with her image, her voice, her in general... I lost everything I love...

My lover...

My girlfriend...

My supposed-to-be-wife!

All because of a monster...

Me...

~~~
Three Years Later

Your POV:

I walked through the park, my music device and book in hand. I wanted to find a place where I can sit down and enjoy an hour or two of fresh air. You see, ever since three years ago, I've only gotten a bit of information back. You know, the basic stuff. I remember my friends and family and where I live but that's all. All I know is that I live alone and I'm a clean freak since my house was all cleaned up when I returned home. I tried to remember anything at all but all I got was a migraine for hours at a time. Eventually, I just gave up. It'll come to me soon. I found a bench that faced a grassy meadow with kids playing around and decided to sit there. I opened my book (which is Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black) and began reading where I left off. The book is about a girl who follows the ballarina life of her missing sister to get her back. The girl believes her sister isn't dead after all these years and has to go through black magic, cults, sorcery, Satan himself, and much more to find her sister. Now of course, you need to throw some bad love to make it more interesting. It's hours of fun for all.

Moments later, a guy from about my age came and sat beside me and pulled out a book of his own. We sat in silence as we read quietly. "Excuse me, miss?" He asked me. I looked up from my book and set my eyes on the most gorgeous baby blue eyes ever and gave him a dorky smile. "Is that Dance of Shadows by Yelena?" Dam* his Australian accent was thick. "Yes it is actually; It's my favorite book." I replied with a small blush. His golden hair blew in the wind as he showed me his book. Hey, it's the same book! "It's mine too. The name's Dan. What's yours mate?" He asked with a toothy grin. Dan seemed like a fun guy to be around so I told him my name and shook his stretched out hand. We talked for a while about different subjects ranging from books to music to everything in between. We had a lot in common and it was sorta funny how we would say the same thing at the same time. Sooner or later, we swapped numbers and went for coffee together. Not once did I notice the lair of teary sapphire eyes longing for me to come back to him...

EJ's POV:

Why, Y/n? Why'd you go? Why did I let you go? How did you move on so quickly? Why do I still love you even more after these three years. That should be me laughing with you. Not him. We had years of history together. I guess he has the chemistry, huh? I want him dead but that won't make you happy. No, that will make you upset and you'll hate me forever. "I don't care about myself, baby. I care about you! Only you!" The tears are becoming hard for me to see through but who cares. It's not like anything would happen anyways.

"I loved you too much to hurt you so I let you go..."

"I'm still trying to figure out why you're not my arms again..."

Why aren't you coming back so I can yell to the universe that you're mine and mine only...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well that was sad. I wish fake characters like EJ were real.

*Sighs*

#WattpadianWishes