eighteen; it's just temporary bliss

i can't keeping touching you like this if it's just temporary bliss, just temporary bliss, temporary bliss.

when calum and ashton came over to michael's house, the doorbell ringing interrupted luke and michael's cuddling. the faux blond hesitantly tore away from luke on the couch and walked slowly towards the door, careful with his steps since his thighs still hurt with each step.

michael pulled open the door and smiled a bit at the sight of calum and ashton. ashton was holding a cake and two gift boxes, while calum had a bottle of champagne in one hand and his dog misty propped up in the other. misty's barks filled michael's house, but not many of them paid much attention to the dog since all of the attention was on michael.

"happy birthday, mikey!" ashton beamed as he pulled michael into a quick hug, and then whispered in his ear, "i feel awful that i let your birthday slip my mind. i've just had so much shit on my mind and–"

"it's okay," michael replied shyly, pulling out of ashton's embrace and then glancing over to calum. the maori boy smiled before setting the champagne on the kitchen counter and placing misty on the floor, then he collected michael into a tight hug.

"happy birthday, buddy," calum murmured, letting his fingers ruffle through michael's hair before pulling out of their hug. the faux blond just smiled timidly in calum's direction before ushering ashton into the house, then shut the front door. at this point, misty was by his feet and putting her front paws up on michael's calves, scratching and whining to get his attention. michael couldn't help but smile, and then reached down to pick up the australian shepard.

as michael cradled misty in his arms and allowed her to lick his face, luke stood up and smiled widely at the rest of the boys. "who's ready to have a party?"

"i sure as hell am. i've been stuck with this idiot for the past couple of days," ashton pouted over at calum as both of them plopped down on the couch, which made calum playfully toss a pillow in ashton's direction to shut him up. ashton caught it once it bounced from his face to his lap and giggled.

"you love me, baby," calum reminded his boyfriend, scooting closer to ashton. when he was closer, ashton tossed an arm over calum's shoulders as luke grabbed the champagne that calum had left on the counter. he began walking towards the kitchen to grab some glasses, and leaned over to kiss michael's cheek as he walked by.

"oh, mikey, sit in between us," ashton exclaimed when michael lingered behind the couch and absentmindedly kept misty close to his chest. ashton ran some fingers through his hair as michael walked around the couch to stand in front of his two best friends.

"no, wait, i want to sit next to michael," luke called out from the kitchen, easily reaching the top counter to pull out four glasses. he balanced them against his chest and kept the champagne bottle tight in his fist, then placed them all on the coffee table.

luke sat down in the chair beside the couch meant for only one person, but he grasped michael's hips from behind and pulled him into his lap. the faux blond's cheeks burned red as he relaxed into luke's grip and let go of misty, letting her down on the floor only for her to go rushing towards calum, yipping when she reached his feet.

"so, are we going to get drunk, or what?" calum asked playfully as he bent down and pulled misty into his lap. the australian shepherd licked his face and fingers as calum cupped her face and cooed, "hi, baby. you're such a cutie, aren't you? yes, you're so adorable. i love you so much."