Chap 10

pic of kendall Schmidt as brent

~Aiden~

Can my life get any worse? Oh wait it can. So to add to the confusing vibes I'm getting from Liam my Uncle David and Aunt Lilly decided to pay us a visit and who did they bring along, Brent. Ah yes, my douche bag cousin. I just got home from school, Eric's mom gave me a ride, so when I walked through the door to see them sitting with my dad on the couch you can say I was more than surprised.

"Aiden" David called waving me over. David wasn't like my other family members from the reunion that day, he was one of my favorite Uncles. He tried to help me and his brother, my dad, out that day. It was Aunt Lilly I couldn't stand, along with Brent of course.

"Hey Uncle David" I said walking over to him giving him a hug. I took a seat by my dad as I ignored everyone else.

"What's going on dad?" I asked as I glanced at Lilly and Brent trying to ignore their twin expressions of disgust towards me. I held back the urge to flip them off.

"David came over to ask a favor" he said warily. I peered up at him frowning a bit.

"Oh, and what was that?" I said slowly. His lips were in a firm line as he looked at his brother then back at me.

"The thing is son, David and Lilly have to go on a business related trip together and they can't bring Brent along." He told me knowing I was glaring at him.

Oh hell no!

"Uh huh"

"So they asked us to take care of him for a while." I was shaking my head slightly at him hoping he got the message. There was no Effing way Brent the gay hater was going to be living under the same roof as me!

"I know Aiden but where else is he supposed to go" he said giving me a hopeless look.

"Great grans house" I told him. He shook his head.

"They're too old to be worrying about a teenage boy. They'll have a heart attack the both of them" my dad said.

"Aiden I know you are still holding a grudge over Brent but I know for a fact he's not going to mess with you." David said before turning to Brent giving him a stern look. "Right?" Brent looked from the window over to his dad. Rolling his eyes he said,

"Yeah, whatever" he muttered turning back to the window, his arms crossed stubbornly.

"See" David said reassuringly.

It was quiet while they were all waiting for my approval in this. Looking from David to my dad's understanding expression I finally sighed rolling my eyes.

"Fine whatever" I hope I don't regret this.

David jumped up, "Great!" He said taking Lilly's hand and helping her to her feet. Dad stood as well giving them good bye hugs.

"Alright bro, I'll call and tell you if our jobs were extended this is a really important deal for the company it could take a while so here's all Brent's info for his schooling." David said to my dad but I was too stunned to even show any other reaction besides shock.

Wait, he was going to my school?!

The door was close which meant I missed the rest of the conversation. There was an awkward silence as we stood around on the front door. My dad cleared his throat breaking the silence.

"Aiden, why don't you help Brent carry in his bags and show him to the guest room." He suggested as I gave him a 'are you crazy' look.

"Suuure, why not." with my voice full of sarcasm I took one of his suit cases and carried it up the stairs, Brent behind me. Placing his stuff by the bed I turned to face him. He had a scowl on his face as he looked at me.