Chapter 32 - She's On The Hunt

This is dedicated to THREE ppl at once, haha, but since I can't do that, Boner, you got it ;)

- @gabamelia and @ash_05 as well 

~ ~ Chapter Thirty-Two ~ ~

Pulling my hat down a little more to shade my eyes from the bright sun, a small smirk played on my lips as the wind gently rustled the bushes surrounding me. My eyes were glued on Saxon's back as he stood a few metres away from me, looking in the other direction.

Now was my chance to strike out.

With all the bits and pieces of training that Saxon has instilled into me ever since I first met him, I rushed forward - not making a single sound. Even though I desperately wanted to make my warrior war cry, but it would only end in having my butt handed to me.

My bare feet thudded softly across the dirt and gentle grass as I moved forward with my quick attack, watching his body the entire time and not taking me eyes off of him for a split second. A second was all he needed to turn the tables onto me and I wasn't letting that happen.

I wanted this; I wanted to learn how to fight more like he did. He was so precise with his movements, his strikes were full of power and nothing less, and most of all he wasn't distracted as easily as I was. Though, I may have left out the main reason as to why I wanted to learn all this, because then Saxon would not be teaching me more right now, if he knew what was running through my mind constantly.

Lefty.

That filthy rogue has gotten away with way too much, and I know we haven’t seen the last of him just yet. There is no way he won't show his annoying and pug ugly face again, the only questions are: when and where?

Pushing up off the ground with my legs mid run, I sprung through the air. Saxon spun around to his left at the very last second, but I had been aiming for his right hand side and he realised this a little too late as I slammed into the side of him and sent him stumbling forward.

Catching my balance before I fell face first into the dirt, I grinned up at him as he caught his own balance and spun back around with a slightly amused smirk on his face, "Just one little flaw."

Instantly a frown flittered across my face as I looked at him, "Huh?" I did nothing wrong and I know I didn't, but I never had the chance to re-think my actions as Saxon's foot struck out and knocked my legs out from underneath me, sending me flat on my back into the ground.

A small cloud of dust rose up around me as it puffed into the air and I groaned softly. "That was a sore loser's move," I muttered while slowly sitting up, groaning a little more as I stretched my back as best I could.

Rising to my feet and glaring a little at Saxon from under the brim of my baseball hat, as he stood before me with a slight smirk in the corner of his lips, and his arms folded across his chest; the sun shone down on his tanned and muscular arms, since the black singlet he wore left them exposed.

"Do you realise your mistake now?" he asked, raising one eyebrow as his arrogant 'know-it-all' tone reached my ears.

Glaring a little harder, "I stopped attacking. Never stop until your enemy is completely taken down, if you can help it," I recited his words from earlier on in the morning.

A small nod was all I received and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, he could be a little more forth coming with the compliments or something...you know, the whole supportive motivation crap? But no, not my Saxon, I just get a darn nod of the head from him.

Blowing a stray strand of hair out of my face, "In my defence though, I thought that was it, I didn't know we were going to keep on going."

He raised another arrogant eyebrow in my direction, "Would your enemy just stop?"