Chapter 15 - Secure

When I finally answer my phone which has been ringing endlessly, I can't find it in myself to be nice.

"What do you want?" I say rudely.

"I need your help," he says, his tone pleading. I roll my eyes.

Even though I try to deny it, his voice makes me melt and I nearly tell him I'll do whatever he wants or needs.

"With what?" I ask, annoyance clear in my voice. I don't want him thinking that anything between us is different.

"We broke up," he tells me. My heart skips a beat.

"What?" I ask, knowing what he said but not believing him.

"Andrea said she's done with it, so she left me," Kian replies, his voice soft.

I feel a little bad for him, but secretly, my heart is fluttering.

Kian and Andrea broke up, so what does that mean for me?

"I'm sorry, Kian," I whisper to him through the phone.

"Can you... Can you come over?"

"Kian... I-" I he cuts me off before I can come up with an excuse.

"Please," he begs, his voice sounding so sad that I can't say no.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes." I hang up the phone, breathing in slowly.

Holy shit. I can't go over to Kian's! That would look so bad on my part and his. Many of his fans would probably see and just about every person in the world has a device with a camera on it so they would definitely take pictures of me walking into the O2L house.

But I can't help but feel like I need to go over there and help him.

What happened to the stubbornness I had only a few weeks ago when I told Kian that I absolutely would not help him with this whole pregnancy thing?

I grab my jacket, purse, and keys, walking out of my apartment. I check the time on my phone and see that it's only ten o'clock in the morning. I'll have to be back here around three so I can go to work.

Last week, I picked up a job on accident by walking into Pac Sun. The manager of the store asked me if I was employed and then encouraged me to apply. I got the job easily.

When I get near the O2L house, I put my sunglasses on, parking a few blocks away. I leave my jacket in the car as I get out and lock the doors. Making my way towards the house, I look around to make sure no one is following me or watching.

This all seems a bit extreme, but since the boys got bigger and their following had grown to a million people, I have to be cautious, most especially around the house. Last week Ricky nearly got followed all the way to their house by a crazed fan that was stalking them.

I reach the house and press the button next to the gate, awaiting to be let in. If there was no gate and fence around this house, they would have so many unwanted visitors. It's not that they don't love and adore their fans, but their home should be a place where they can relax and have time off.

Once it buzzes, I walk through the gate and close the gate behind me, hearing it click. I glance around, seeing someone standing a little ways away, Phone in hand, snapping pictures. I turn around quickly, walking to the front door. I don't even knock, I just walk straight through the door.

Well, there's no turning back now. I kept my thoughts away from talking me out of coming here, which actually worked.

"Oh, Maddie," I hear a voice to my right. I snap my head in that direction, feeling high on alert. "Damn, calm down it's just me." Jc says to me, giving me a smile.

"Sorry Jc, I'm just, not used to this anymore." I give him a nervous smile as he walks closer.

He reaches out and gives me a hug and I realize how much I've actually missed him. Back when me and Kian were dating, I spent endless hours here and grew pretty close to the guys. Jc is like a brother to me, and he always will be.

"I missed you, Maddie," Jc tells me, pulling away from the hug and smiling at me.

"I missed you, too," I reply. "I've missed everyone so much, actually."

He nods, "So what are you doing here? Kian?"

I slightly nod my head, giving a guilty smile. "Is that bad?"

Jc shakes his head, looking around before speaking. "I expected him to call you. He never stopped loving you anyways," he explains in a low voice.

His words cause a small spark inside of me, making me feel happy, nervous, sad, and guilty for being here.

I nod before smiling at him. We both kind of stand there and look at each other before he says bye to me and we both walk away from each other. I walk up the stairs, heading for Kian's room. I knock on the door before opening the door slowly.

I brace myself.

The sight before me makes my heart shatter. Not just because of the broken look he has on his face, but also because I have seen him upset before. Seeing all of this just makes old wounds open back up and feel fresh.

Kian's eyes are puffy and red-rimmed, tears filling them. He looks so sad, and it makes my heart and mind hurt. He looks at me as though he's lost, and I feel all of my sense fly out the door. I rush to him, throwing my arms around him.

He wraps his arms around my back, pulling me to him. He holds me so tight, as if he's afraid to let go. His head is buried in my neck and mine is above his.

"I'm sorry," I whisper to him, rubbing a small circle on his back.

He doesn't say anything, he just holds me right against his body. I feel his tears on my shoulder, but I don't care.

It has been so long since I was this close with Kian. Nearly a year. I can't even believe that I'm here with him right now.

Being this close to him worries me. I feel like something could go wrong. Maybe he's using me, maybe not.

I'm scared of cheating. I can't do that again. That was such a dark part last year and I can't let that happen ever again. It won't.

So I just sit there, my arms secure around Kian as his are secure around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HOLY CRAP. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME. IT HAS BEEN NEARLY THREE WEEKS SINCE I UPDATED. FEEL FREE TO HATE ME BECAUSE EVEN I HATE MYSELF.

I'm so sorry I put you all through that. It will not happen again. I promise. If it does, feel free to send me span in my inbox about it okay?

I'm gonna start updating weekly :)

Okeyyy, love you guys! Enjoy!!!

Thanks for 2K votes on the story and woah.

I HAVE 1000 FOLLOWERS ON HERE. THAT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER
EXPERIENCED THROUGH WATTPAD. ILYSM.

xox -Delilah