Chapter 35

There were aurors all around the house, all lead by the one that had tried to arrest Bellatrix the day before. Narcissa couldn't ignore them anymore, she opened the door.

"Hello, can I help you?" She said, her tone angry, matching the annoyance on her face.

"We are here to arrest Madame Bellatrix Lestrange for the murder of Francesca Halliwell, she will be sent to Azkaban to await trial," an auror in the middle of the group stated, holding up a long piece of parchment.

Narcissa looked at the auror who had been there before. "Did this gentleman care to inform you that my sister is with child?" She said, raising her eyebrow.

"Mark, did you know this?" A female auror said, tapping the familiar aurors shoulder.

"I....I did....but she's evil! She deserves to be imprisioned, no matter of the consequences!" He protested.

"But that's illegal," Narcissa said, looking at the auror like he was a little kid. "And I have an eye witness to prove that my sister did not kill Francesca Halliwell, so I suggest you take this to court before any drastic action is taken, good day!" She said, slamming to door quite hard, and turning around to see her niece with her jaw dropped.

"Did you just slam the door...on aurors?" Hermione asked.

"You bet!" Narcissa said Winking. "It was surprisingly enjoyable,"

"What happened?" Bellatrix said, her black heels making loud noise against the wooden stairs. "Are they going to arrest me?"

"I'm not sure," Narcissa admitted. "But I think the court case comes before Azkaban,"

Then a letter flew in through the door and opened itself.

"Madame Bellatrix Lestrange, you have a session in the ministry of magic in precisely 30 minutes. You may bring a a defendant and a witness, see you soon,

Mafalda Hopkirk,"

"What's going on here?" Lucius said, coming into the room.

"Lucius, do you remember what I told you about Francesca?"

"Yes, the girl who-"

"Good!" Narcissa said brightly. "In that case, you can be her defendant, go!"

Lucius, Bellatrix and Hermione flooed into the ministry and sat outside the courtroom. Bellatrix was biting her nails.

"Bellatrix, you don't have to worry, we are telling the truth," Hermione assured.

"Thanks baby," Bellatrix said quietly and linked arms with her.

"We're being called in," Lucius said, and the trio walked into the big ministry courtroom, it was black and almost shiny, like the tiles you would see in a swimming pool. Bellatrix sat down in a dark wooden chair and looked up at the minister.

"Bellatrix Lestrange charged with the murder if Francesca Holliwell, do you deny this charges?"

"Yes! I didn't kill her!" Bellatrix said trying not to stay still. How could they accuse her of such a thing?

"On what grounds?"

"Excuse me?"

"Everyone just calm down..." Lucius said. "Bellatrix did not kill the girl in question, one of your aurors did, I believe his name is Mark.."

"That is a ludicrous accusation Mr Malfoy!" One of the jury members yelled.

"Considering you can provide no witness, Mr Malfoy, I believe that-"

"I can provide a witness," Lucius said. "Hermione, come out now,"

Hermione stepped out into the room, very aware of all the people looking at her. Last year when Harry was in one of these rooms he said he saw Umbridge, and Hermione could see her aswell, she was sitting in the middle, you could see her pink clothes under the robes she wore.

"Miss Hermione Narcissa Lestrange, were you present at the event in question?" The minister asked.

"Yes, I was there,"

"Describe what happened in detail," he requested.

"Well, Bellatrix was allowed to walk free, so we went to a little cafe in muggle London-"

"Mrs Lestrange was not allowed to be in muggle London, that is due to her obvious ill intentions,"

"If I may intergect!" Bellatrix said, raising her hand. "You may use truth serum on me, I had no bad intentions I assure you,"

"I believe we should let Miss Lestrange carry on with her, very well executed story!" Umbridge chipped in. The very sound of her voice made Hermione feel funny, but she carried on anyway.

"So then the waitress came over, Francesca, and told Bellatrix that.." Hermione looked over at Bellatrix, feeling bad. She didn't want to tell them.

"What did she saw, miss Lestrange," the minister said.

Bellatrix nodded at Hermione, and the young witch continued. "She told Bellatrix that the force of good was going to take away Bellatrix's baby, and I'm assuming she meant the ministry, as he father works in the ministry," Hermione said. It was a small lie, but it was worth it, the Order of The Phoenix was also an illegal organisation.

"No such thing was planned, I assure you," the minister said.

"Might I intergect?" Umbridge said, in her annoying sweet voice. She got a nod from the minister. She stood up and cleared her throat. "Why are we completely certain that Mrs Lestrange is even really with child? After all, that is the only reason she wasn't sent strait to Azkaban, and it all could be a very well thought out story. Is this not true minister?"

"Yes.." The minister said.

"What? No! You can do what you like, I'm pregnant whether you like it or not little miss perfect!" Bellatrix said, she spat on the floor and glared at Umbridge. Umbridge sat down and pouted.

"ORDER!" The minister yelled. "Miss Lestrange, carry on please,"

"Okay, okay, so.. Then Francesca tried to get us out of the shop, I wasn't sure what was going on, but these aurors came in and then we walked out, and then they started throwing spells at us. Francesca was blocking them and it all got into a duel. An auror sent a killing curse a my mother, Bellatrix, and she couldn't avoid it. Then Francesca got pushed in the way and it hit her instead. We wanted to help her, but we had to get away so we apparated."

"Are you positive this is what happened?"

"Yes,"

"SHES LYING!" Someone yelled. Hermione instantly recognised him, he was the auror the one that really killed Francesca.

"I'm not, give me a truth potion, I dare you," Hermione challenged. She instantly regretted that, she did lie about one thing.

"That won't be necessary," The minister said. "However, before this session is ended, I will have to confirm Mrs Lestranges pregnancy,"

"Go ahead," Bellatrix said.

The minister cast a wordless spell, and Bellatrix was lifted a little into the air surrounded by a blue cloud of magic.

"If the cloud turns red, she is not with child, if it turns green, she is," the minister explained.

The cloud grew a little, Hermione looked over at Umbridge, she looked awfully angry, desperate for Bellatrix to have faked her pregnancy. Desperate to be right. Desperate to have her opinion valued. She was vain.

It flashed green, and everyone breathed. She was Okay. I was going to be okay.