Chapter 11

"Hey, Raven. We need to talk to you for a minute" Manager Lee calls from the kitchen as I pass the door way from the living room.

It's been a month since we went back to school, on the 1st November, meaning that it's now the 1st December. Not much has happened really - the boys continue to work hard and train hard, I occasionally do the same - joining Jeno for sessions in the gym to work on stamina. I've even learnt some of the dances with the help of Jisung and a couple of the others boys. Apparently I'm 'not half bad' - quite a compliment coming from them.

I've hung out with my friends - going for some walks in the forest, shopping in town, etc. All the normal stuff really and luckily, despite their pestering, they haven't found out who I'm living with. When, two weeks ago, they asked who I had to go to the airport and fetch, I simply told them two of the cousins. In truth, it was Mark and Haechan who are flying back on the 16th december, just over two weeks from now since it's the first time they've visited since everyone originally moved in.

Upon Manager Lee's call, I enter the kitchen where I find both him, my uncle and Manager Kim sat around the table at one end, a laptop between them and several mugs of tea. I approach as Manager Kim smiles kindly at me.

"Yeah?" I say as I reach them. My uncle motions for me to take a seat and I suddenly get some kind of nervous feeling. This seems more like a business meeting.
"We need to discuss with you some things - mainly our plans for Christmas" my uncle says apprehensively once I sit down opposite them.
"Ok..." I reply, unsure of where this is going.
"Basically, we're going back to Korea for your two week holiday. We're staying back in Seoul and everyone is coming with us - you included." Manager Lee explains, elaborating.
"It's not like you have much choice in the matter but we thought you should know. It'll be a good opportunity though to meet the rest of the boys as well as other members of the company" my uncle further tells me as I nod my head.
"Why does it feel like there's more too it than that?" I say, still uncertain.
"Maybe because there is. The CEO, Lee Soo Man, would like to meet you. We had to clear it with him before you could stay with us here - not that he could've easily said no - and he is keen to meet you" Manager Kim tells me.
"Right, um, ok. I see what you meant now. Thank you for warning me. When is it that we leave?" I ask.
"On the 16th, on the afternoon of your last day of school since you have a half day. Our flight is at 6pm but by the time we have to check in and stuff. It'll be cold and just ask the boys if you need any more info." Manager Lee replies helpfully.

I stand up, knowing that the conversation is over. After thanking them, I leave the room and head down to the practice room where I planned to meet the boys. I'm in sports leggings and one of my tennis tops for a reason. We work through a couple of songs, recapping a few like EXO's wolf and Love Me Right before they try to teach me a new one - Super Junior's Sorry. I must admit, it's quite funny.

After an hour, I'm done so I leave them be as they get on with even more practice. I head upstairs, debating what to do next. With the newfound news about my Christmas trip to Seoul, I decide that two weeks probably isn't that much time so I need to get organised. First things first, I'll need a suitcase. Looks like I'm going shopping at the weekend.
_____
"I can't believe that you're going to Seoul!" Mia groans in jealousy.
"But we're gonna miss you so much!" Rosie says sadly.
"I know guys, I'm gonna miss you too" I reply.

Today is the 16th and since it's a half day, like our school does every year on the day we break up for Christmas, we've finished at 12:30. I won't see them for two weeks so I've decided to walk out of school for a change with my friends, agreeing to meet Jisung and Chenle at Manager Kim's car since he's the one picking us up today. The ten minute walk is filled with sorrow, though I can also tell their excitement at the fact that one of us is going to Korea.