Chapter 95

Emma

"I think you should go" Lina says through the phone. After the catastrophe that was the other night, things have been impossibly tense between Harry and I.

It's like we don't know each other anymore. Harry doesn't want to look at me the wrong way and start something up and I don't want to look at him and see the pity in his eyes.

What I did the other night by telling him that way was so wrong and immature. Sure he was being a right arse but it wasn't the time or the place and now we're like this.

Needless to say I needed to talk to someone about it. The hours I spent mulling it over on my own got me nowhere so I've called Lina and while she is noesy and mercilessly blunt, she knows me and Harry better than anyone. Plus, she's my best friend.

If someone can help me through this, she can.

"Are you sure it won't seem like I'm using him?" I ask. I had thought that maybe taking the trip to St. Barts with Harry would help with the tense space we have found ourselves in. However, I did unceremoniously dump my past problems on him and we haven't had a proper conversation about it yet.

I fear that proposing us going on this trip might seem like I'm just trying to brush everything under the rug and use him for a nice trip but I'm not. I just want to two of us to get back to where we were.

No... actually I want us to move forward, I just don't know if a trip just the two of us is the best thing.

But it's a luxurious beach vacation, how can it not help?

"Emma," she sighs. "Harry bought you that trip as a gift and from what you've told me..." (which was everything by the way) "...I think a restful vacation on some white sand beach is just what the two of you need."

"Well how do I bring it up then? We haven't spoken, really spoken in two days."

"I don't know? He's your boyfriend." She chuckles sarcastically at me.

So not the time, Lina.

"Well it doesn't seem like that these days." I huff. What if he totally rejects the plan and thus our relationship? I need to think about it because it's a real possibility at this point.

"And that's why you need St. Barts."

"Lina" I groan into the phone.

"Just go up to Harry and tell him you're sorry and that you want to go on this romantic trip he set up for the two of you."

I'm about to verbally stomp all over her stupid plan but a noise from behind me makes me jump before I can.

I see Harry step into the room and I immediately stall in every way. "Okay" I basically squeak out knowing full well that I can't talk about this anymore without making the air between us even more awkward.

"He just walked in didn't he." Lina giddily whispers.

Jeez her sixth sense is ridiculous.

"Not now" I shush her not breaking eye contact with Harry.

"Don't let him fuck you too hard babe, the youngsters are just down the hall, remember." She chuckles as I can't stop the blush from overtaking my cheeks.

The blush continues to rise through my face and even though I try to look away I already see Harry notices as he plasters a smirk on his face in response. "Shut it" I hiss to Lina and I hang up the call.

"Harry...? You're back?" I question him. I can't blame Harry for walking out after I decided to unceremoniously dump all, well some, of my baggage on him.