It All Started With A Pygmy Puff (A Fred and Hermione Story

Two years ago, Voldemort was defeated, the war over and everything back to normal.

It was a great day as Hermione and Ron walked hand in hand into the popular prank shop, Weasley Wizard Wheezes, smiles spreading across their faces as they spotted the twins around, yelling about their products. George turned and spotted the couple, his face beaming in excitement as he walked over and hugged them tightly. He looked at Hermione's left hand and spotted the big diamond engagement ring, which sparkled brightly in the bright room.

"It's about time!" he yelled, "How, when, and where did it happen at?" he asked again, resting her hand on his chin as he rested on the closest rail.

Hermione laughed, "He had me go on a scavenger hunt, which lead me to the first place we had a date at. I found him and ate dinner, then he proposed to me."

"Awww! Young love," he sighed dreamily. Hermione blushed as George winked at her then wiggled his eyebrows at them. She laughed at how better he felt since the war, which was hard on him. He had thought his twin brother had died, but instead he was unconscious,  and for a long time. George sat with his twin every day and every night, never leaving his side, hoping he would wake up soon. For months, George didn't eat or sleep much, making him pale and thin, but today,  he was healthy and hyper like always.

"So where's Fred?" Ron asked, "I heard he got out today."

"Yes I did, brother," Fred said, appearing on Ron's side, making the young Weasley jump in fear. The others laughed at him and clutched their stomachs from laughing so hard.

"It's not funny," muttered a pale Ron.

Fred pushed his long hair put of his eyes and laughed at his brother. He stopped laughing,  a smile still across his face, and turned to Hermione.

"I heard you got engaged," he said, looking down at her hands. She held up her left hand and radiated with joy. He stared at the ring and then randomly hugged the curly haired woman.

"My little Hermione is all grown up, " sobbed Fred,  wiping away fake tears.

"Oh and happy twentieth birthday," he added, hugging her again.

"Thank you, so far you are the only one who said something."

"Happy birthday!" the pop there two men congratulated, hugging her at once.

"You can get whatever you want from here for free, but don't expect it to happen every year!" Fred said, pushing her closer to the many shelves of their inventions. She thanked him again with a nod of a head and walked around the shop. She rested on the pygmy puff cages all on the wall, hundreds or maybe thousands all in total. In every cage, their were at least five to ten puffs, but there was one where only one pygmy was located. It had black fur, blue at the edge of the fur. It's black and brown eyes focused on her.

"That's Jimmy, he's the one that didn't turn out well. When we made him, we added a bit more of the bad stuff, and this is what he turned out like. He doesn't like people and he bites them if they try to touch them. You wouldn't want that now, would you? He's a big challenge."

"I like challenges," she said, looking at Jimmy, who's eyes were narrowed as he looked back. Fred took a deep breath and opened the cage. Jimmy bolted out of the came and landed on the ground, attempting to make his way out. Fred ran after him and grabbed him, hissing in pain as Jimmy's small, sharp teeth broke skin and spilled blood. Fred carefully places the furious puff into Hermione's hand, staring in shock as he calmed down and leaned into her touch. Jimmy purred at the feel of the soft hands going past his fur and into his itching skin.

"I like this challenge," Hermione giggled as Fred stared at her in wonder. George and Ron made their way toward them, staring at the little creature. Then George realized what was happening.

"How did you do that? Jimmy hates being touched! He's the worst of them."

Hermione shrugged, "I have my way with animals."

The three males shugged and walked to the shelf beside the cages. Layed out on the shelves were different types of boxes, different flavors of treats in them. Along with the many different flavors, there was also different types of treats such as chicken sqaures and many more things of the sort.

"This," said Fred, "is the treats isle for the puffs. They can eat your food, but they go crazy over these. Don't worry about him dying soon. They are created to live for more than a hundred years, that way, you can pass him from generations."

"Cool," Hermione said, looking down at Jimmy to find him staring at one box in particular. His tiny eyes stared at a container of steak sticks, a tiny purple tongue sticking put of his mouth. As if knowing she was staring at him, he turned, his eyes getting bigger, silently begging her to buy the treats. She grabbed a medium bag beside her and made her way back to the container of treats. Reaching in, she scooped the steak treats and put them in the bag.

"You can get the first bag for free since you are a close friend and it's your birthday, and you are getting married to our baby brother."

"Thank you," she says, giving Fred a hug, then George. Jimmy ran up her hand, up her arm, and sat on her shoulder, his body pressed against his owner's neck and cheek. Hermione walked with Ron and waved goodbye to them, a smile spreading on her already bright face.