Chapter 19

Ellie POV

I can feel every emotion in that one kiss. All the fear and the relief and the love are overpowering in that one kiss.

I pull away as he rests his forehead against mine. My eyes are still closed as the smile refuses to leave my lips.

"I love you Ellie," Axton whispers, making my eyes flash open to meet his as he gives me a soft smile, "I know you might not believe that yet or you still aren't sure that I am in this a hundred percent, but I am. I love you. I've never stopped."

My wolf howls in my head at the joy of hearing our mate's words as I smile up at him.

I don't know why after all that's happened, I believe him, but I know in my heart that he isn't lying. I don't know what happened between us, if it really was a warlock that had separated us or not. I just know that I believed him. When I look into his eyes, all I see are the same ones that had met mine on that first night during his birthday party. All I see is love.

"Axton, I love you too," I tell him before smashing my lips against his in a much more heated kiss that left us both breathless and smiling like two idiots.

"Daddy!" a little voice screams. I turn around just in time to see Zea running past all the wolves and into Axton's awaiting arms, "Are you okay? There were a bunch of bad wolves," she rushes out as Axton rubs her back, trying to soothe her.

"I'm fine," he tells her, smiling at her questioning look.

"Good!" she yells excitingly.

"Luna!" Reid screams as he comes running up to us, "Ellie, we need you at the hospital. Doc says she could use you to help some of our injured."

"Of course," I turn back to Axton, "Will you take her?" I ask him, nodding my head to Zea.

"I'll take her home along with some of the other kids," he tells me as he places one of his large hands against my cheek, "Are you sure you're alright?"

I give an exasperated sigh, "I told you, I'm fine. I'll be home soon."

Giving him one last kiss, I rush off to help Jade.

*****

Running into the hospital, I go straight for the first patient I see. Cuts and claw marks cover his body as he holds tightly onto a bleeding gash in his thigh. Without a second's think, I grab a suture kit and clean out his wounds before dressing them and giving him morphine for his pain.

Then I move on to the next and the next. One of the best things about wolves are that we heal. Maybe not instantaneously, but we heal ten times faster than any human so most of the injured that I see are stitched up and on their way back home before two hours even go by.

However, some of the more severe cases are still here. Those are the ones that Jade is focusing on. I walk up to her as she works to rebreak a misaligned arm.

"Need help?"

"Always. Grab his shoulders while I twist," she tells me as I brace his shoulders, forcing all my weight into so he won't move, "On the count of three. One."

In one motion, she snaps his arm again.

"So much for three," I laugh.

"Yeah well, math was never really my thing," she smiles as she put the bone in a splint, "Hey, thanks for helping out. I know it's probably been a while since you've been back in a doctor's office."

"It's fine. I actually kind of missed it."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, I always loved helping people, especially on nights like tonight when they really need another hand," I tell her honestly.