Chapter Thirteen

Thank you theworddealer for this cover, there are three more to follow!

Chapter Thirteen

The following day, the three of us wait around at the coffee shop to see if he shows up. Me because I really enjoyed spending time with him and I just want to see him again, and the two of them because they want to see if I can get a second date.

But when the time for their shifts to end comes around, he still hadn't shown up yet and we all are disappointed as they clock out and get ready to leave.

"What's got you girls down?" Their boss, Diana, asked before we left.

"We were waiting for someone but they never showed up, it was pretty important," Casey answered, not leaving any room for follow up questions.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that," Diana responded before going to the door with a sheet of paper that unmistakably says 'help wanted'.

"Wait, Diana, do you think I could work here again?" I asked before she could tape it on the door.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, I mean, I only left when I did because I was a TA, and then this past semester I had that internship, so I definitely couldn't work then, but I could really use the job now. And, I don't have to do either of those things next semester," I explained, hopeful that she'll allow me to come back.

"I guess I won't be needing to tape this up, then," she said, making all three of our somber moods turn into happy ones.

"You start Monday!" she called out as we left, sealing the deal.

Now instead of being sad that Brendan didn't show up today, I can distract myself with the fact that I start a new job first thing tomorrow morning. But is it really a new job when I've worked there before?

I don't know, but during my shower that night, doubt took over and now I can't stop thinking that he didn't show up because he didn't like me or care enough to let me down easily and now he's just completely ghosting me by not showing up.

Maybe he'll show tomorrow?