Prologue

It had gotten quite cold out since I had left to come meet tails about some big emergency. It was even raining hard so it didn't help either but fortunately the place where we were supposed to meet was close. I turned the corner and sure enough tails was up there but he was hiding something in the jacket he wore. I approached him and he sighed. He looked exhausted and he started to speak.

"Thank gosh you're here, I thought you wouldn't show up." I sighed and then I also began to speak. "So what is it that you want fox?" Tails stepped forward and started to open his coat. Inside it was a baby hedgehog with blue fur but it was asleep. "Sonic?" Was all I found myself able to say. "Yep it's him... But there is something I was wondering, would you take care of him?"

"No! Why don't you have amy do it? She does love him you know, besides how do you know I won't hurt him?" "Amy is gone, she went somewhere and won't be back for awhile, besides Shadow, you're not a monster." "No tails!" I began to walk away but he yelled after me. "Please Shadow! I don't know how to take care of a baby! I'm only eight years old." "You think I know how to raise a child any better than you do?" Tails sighed.

"Shadow please... do this for me... do it for sonic..." I sighed and looked at sonic who was know starting to squirm around and after getting uncomfortable from the sudden exposure to the cold. "Tails can't vanilla do it?" "She is still raising cream, you think it would be easy for her two raise both of them?" I knew this was going nowhere and that we'd here all night at this rate. "Shadow please just take him! Just do it until Amy comes back!" "How long will it be?" I asked starting to give in. "She's in college but there will be a break and she can come visit and stick around for awhile, and while she's here she can take care of him and find someone else to take care of him when she leaves again."

I looked at sonic, he was so helpless and weak now, he was trying to find warmth and comfort. I walked over and tails handed him to me. Almost immediately and he starts to snuggle into my chest fur. "So will you take him?" I looked down at sonic and he seemed happy snuggled up against me. "Fine... but only until amy comes back." "Okay, it'll be over before you know it!" Tails started to leave but I stopped him. "Wait, how old is he? And one more question, why is he a baby?"

"Well you see, sonic was battling with eggman like usual, but then eggman pulled out some kind of device, and he shot sonic with it, and well now, as you can see he is a baby, so eggman used some kind of baby ray gun on him." "Okay, and how old is he?" Tails looked at something. "Four weeks old." Then like that, tails ran off and left me there with sonic who was now a baby.