Chapter 2 - The Vision

Natsu's P.O.V

(Y/n) dashing out the door is still fresh in my mind. I can't help but blame myself for what happened. I haven't seen or even heard about him after that. I tried finding him, yet I cannot even detect a single trace of his smell. I guess I have to accept the fact that this is all my fault and I am the one who drove him away. It's been three years. I wish I could say that I've moved on.

"Natsu!" Happy yelled flying towards me.

"Oh, Happy!" I ran towards him.

"Lucy's asking us to meet her at the guild now, probably for a mission?" he said.

"Sure. Let's go?" I said and we head out to the guild.

While we were heading towards the guild, I stopped walking when I sensed a faint smell. It oddly was familiar. I turned around to see who it was. The scent faded as soon as I turned. I could only see the crowd of busy people. What was that scent that I sensed? While I was still pondering if whether my nose is playing tricks with me, Happy slapped me. Really hard.

"Ow, what was that for!?" I said annoyed while holding the cheek where he slapped me. He might be small, but that slap hurts like hell. My cheeks were glowing red. Seriously.

"You were having this ugly kind of face" he said while imitating the look on my face. "I had to snap you out of it!" Happy added. I didn't argue with him and turned my attention away from him. I sighed deeply.

"Something wrong, Natsu? I didn't think my slap was that bad." Happy said in a sad tone.

" It's not that. I thought for a second that I sensed someone scent, which was familiar to me." I said puzzled and scratched my head.

"Someone familiar?" Happy looked confused.

I told Happy to shrug it off, then continued to stroll our way to the guild. At last, we finally arrived. As we opened the gates, we saw the lively and cheerful atmosphere of Fairy Tail. The guild was boisterous. "This is Fairy Tail" I said in my mind.

"Oy! Flame brain!" Gray said while approaching me. He cracked his knuckles and stretched his arms.

"Huh?! Lookin' for a fight stripper?!" I said while doing the same thing. We traded punches when we accidentally knocked off the cake of Erza, which splatted to the floor. Erza paused and remained frozen for a second.

" That was the cake I've been dying hard to try." She tried to hold her tears. Her mood suddenly went from a teary-eyed maiden to a terrifying demon. She gazed directly to us and approached us.

"So who wants to be splattered on the floor like how my cake did?!" Erza said emitting a demonic aura. Of course, you guys know what happens next. Just the thought of it makes me scared..

We looked around to find Lucy. We found Lucy talking to Mira-san in the bar. We silently approached Lucy to surprise her. Happy and I tip-toed our way to her. As soon as we were near them, we could already hear what they were talking about. We couldn't help it, but eavesdrop on their conversation.

"So, did you find him Mira-san?" Lucy looked serious while talking to Mira.

"Not really, but apparently an old lady found a person carrying the Grimoire Heart mark. She looked terrified as she told me that to boot." Mira sighed. " I don't want to believe that he is causing trouble, but he might be." She said as she looked more serious than she already was.